Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intake install - problems

Intake install - problems (update - fixed!)

I poured my heart out over in the "What did you to to your Fiesta ST today?" thread and that probably isn't the right place to ask for help. But here is a link so i don't re-post everything again.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...iesta-ST-today?p=298192&viewfull=1#post298192

From what I've gathered from my own research since this morning (and I could certainly be wrong) is that it appears this Revo intake is for 2014 - 2015 only. The somewhat obvious sign is only one place to connect a vacuum line into the induction tube. Starting in 2016, there are two connections to be made. So I can probably solve that with a 2016+ "fix". I'm not getting the evap code, but I suspect this is why I'm getting the code regarding a leak between throttle body and intake (can't recall the code#) since I think that line is under vacuum.

But the thing I can't figure out is the drain tube. When I look at all of the aftermarket pictures of intake systems, it is just a long hose with no connectors. However, the stock drain hose has a connection for what I think has something to do with the crankcase pressure. With it not connected right now, I'm getting a constant code P051D. Is this another 2016+ thing? How do 2016+ intakes handle this connection?

Here is the stock hose with connection on top.

Here is a shot of the hose for my Revo. You can't see the entire thing, but this is what it looks like. One side into the CC, the other into the underside of the intake.

Any help is appreciated. I'm contacted Ron and Revo to see if I'm just an idiot. In the meantime, will probably but the stock setup back on (which will make me cry).

Last edited:
OP
jtehh
Thread Starter #2
Update time! What a difference a week makes. Thanks to Ron as Whoosh for a lot of e-help! I also heard back from Revo (seemed like a nice bunch of chaps). This isn't a direct fit for 2016+ US FiSTs. But, with a little extra work (same as pretty much all of the intakes that are for pre-2016), I have it running code free.

First - that extra line that runs to the FMIC. Two solutions 1) buy a 2014-2015 Ford OEM harness 2) Buy the evap purge "fix" kit from Whoosh (or similar from other vendor). I realize #1 is the better long term solution, but I went with #2 for the time being since I cold get it quickly and suppress that little light of mine. Installing that took care of my codes for the air leak and high idle.

Second - the drain hose into the crankcase. The key is to re-use the OEM hose that has the sensor on it. So I plugged the OEM hose into the crankcase, and on the other end connected it to a 3/4" piece of hose that then went into the 1" drain hose from the Revo intake. Clamped it all up and no more code for high crankcase pressure.

I haven't driven it much since I've been code free, and it has been 90 degrees out here, but loving..LOVING the whoosh when I change gears or let off the throttle. Power seems solid, building boost quickly, etc. I'm waiting on a revised flash tune from Stratified for this and a few other mods. Will publish a review once I have some more time in the seat.

OEM hose from crankcase mating with the drain hose from the Revo:

Evap purge "fix" installed. Can't quite see the line that is capped off, but it is down there.

OP
jtehh
Thread Starter #4
How are you liking the Revo intake? I'm considering getting one.
No complaints at this point. Makes some great sounds and performance seems solid. Just be ready to see some high intake temps. But as I mentioned in another thread, I don't think the higher intake temps are really impacting the charge air temps. So after swapping the stock box and Revo cone/heatshield back and forth multiple times, I'm just sticking with the Revo. If temps are your thing, I'd recommend something with a sealed box (like a Cobb). But the sealed boxes aren't going to give you sounds that the open intake will.

And also, make sure you are ready with a fix-kit or 2014-2015 evap harness before you install. And some 3/4" hose so you can rig the drain tube to connect to the OEM tube.