Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone else excited for the Veloster N / i30 N?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Really? Damn I didn't know about that. I'll have to look up on that more.

Agreed. That's why if this thing plays out well I plan to vote with my money and do my part in saying that there's still interest in fun small hot hatches.
Chemical Guys carries a line of products for matte finish.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Good Morning Gentlemen,Scholars,Trolls,Others. I want to explain why I responded to this thread. 2 months ago I drove a 2009 Saturn XR to the dealership for a friend. I almost fell asleep while driving 40 minutes. lol. Comfy car and Chevy has done great things in the past. While waiting for the dire news with the Saturn, I drifted next door to the Hyundai dealership. I asked the Hyundai dude about the Veloster N. I asked when will it be available to view and test drive. The well dressed Hyundai man had no clue what I was talking about. Veloster N? He asked. This is why I was curious about Goingnowwherfast I was hoping that more info was available for Hyundai. Anyway, very curious and its a good thread to monitor. Goingnowherfast will lead the way bringing info on this new N thing. I am very happy to see that you are open to optional color choices.

The Veloster was another car I was thinking about when I got my FiST. I think the N will be a fun little car. It will probably be too much price for car though.

Ford knows it. The fast car market is in Europe. How do you explain the the poplularity of the Ford Edge sport in US,, Hence EdgeST. Edge ST is MEGA and orders will surpass production.

Hyundai is leading the way on a Global status. They see the US market as prime. Ford moved out. That is why this thread is EPIC. Ford offers the best for US consumers>F 150-250-350-450 and the megolith RAPTOR(Waiting list after purchase). The Raptor is a daily monster.... Ford has not forgotten the small car consumers.... they have just moved on,, Enjoy the FiST chassis, the ecoboost 4 cyl. Once in a while the planets align,, FiST was born from young engineers who were given the green light. The market quickly gave the red light. Hyundai ran the red light...... can't catch Hyundai...... chased by old tech

Until the veloster joins the blown engine club... that's the only thing steering me away. santa fe/ sonata / elantra engine recalls are insane right now

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Until the veloster joins the blown engine club... that's the only thing steering me away. santa fe/ sonata / elantra engine recalls are insane right now
My mom's 2014 Hyundai Sonata 90,000 miles has been great so far but that engine issue definitely concerns me. My parents don't have the finances me and my wife have so I really try to take care of their vehicles. I watched a video on the Hyundai Veloster Turbo and with all the options on it the price was just stupid for what it was. The more I think about the price of that it concerns me this thing is going to be over 30,000. I also believe deep down as the years go on Ford will eventually bring back a hot hatchback. I will drive my ST till its last breath, it makes me feel like I'm 16 again.

eglove, you r right, not enough is known about this N phenom. Lets let is play out. The FiST was scrutinized in 2013 and has proven strong. The asking money is not yet worth what is being promised without being looked at carefully with this Veloster N. I am more interested in the i30N but we can put both the N series in one when discussing this. Some have relied on reviews on the new N series to base their reasons for future purchase, however, I will wait for more raw data, its very intriguing.

jeff

2000 Post Club
My mom's 2014 Hyundai Sonata 90,000 miles has been great so far but that engine issue definitely concerns me. My parents don't have the finances me and my wife have so I really try to take care of their vehicles. I watched a video on the Hyundai Veloster Turbo and with all the options on it the price was just stupid for what it was. The more I think about the price of that it concerns me this thing is going to be over 30,000. I also believe deep down as the years go on Ford will eventually bring back a hot hatchback. I will drive my ST till its last breath, it makes me feel like I'm 16 again.

I've had my eye on the V N, and while I am hopeful for this power level with LSD and other features, I also am concerned like you...$30,000, which will be closer to $35,000 with options, is just too much to pay for a Hyundai when you can get a Civic R or Golf R for that money, or a GTI or similar for much less. So while this might be a decent car I wonder how many folks are willing to spend this sort of money on it.

We will see!!! Exciting nonetheless!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Please remember to play nice.

Dave

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
OK...That's enough of the name calling and provocative behavior..

Let's keep it civil and mature....

Thread has been cleaned.....Moving forward any off-topic posts will be removed.....

Carry on...

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Wow this thread went sideways, yeesh.

I'm excited for what the Veloster N could do, which is spark interest in small interesting cars. I'm not interested in the Veloster N specifically, I'd much rather have the i30n as I don't find the Veloster to be aesthetically pleasing. I also suspect that the entry price for the Veloster N is going to be a little too high, sales might not be great, then it will remove Hyundai's incentive for a gen 2. If they stick with it I'd like to see what they pull off in a few years. The specs as they sit are impressive on paper, but I'd really like to drive one in person. I don't see the Veloster N as competition for ford, more as competition for VW with the GTI. Hyundai competing with the GTI makes sense, as reliability and maintenance are a strong point for Hyundai and, after several VW's, are a weak point for VW. I *really* appreciate Hyundai's attention to the driving *experience*, i.e. crackling exhaust (immature, I know, but it's fun!), rear alignment set to let the rear end wiggle a bit. Time will tell, at the very least it provides competition. I hope the sport compact thing pans out for Hyundia and they eventually give us something a bit more like a BRZ, but with power.

Maybe, eventually, someone will finally build The Homer

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Back on topic - since the engine/trans are FWD, I would love to see Hyundia pull a "fiero" and release a midengine rear drive car based on that engine and trans.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I will drive my ST till its last breath, it makes me feel like I'm 16 again.
THIS!! [twothumb]

I just don't get WHY everyone is soooo jaded, and so easily bored (or must have that iPhone 30 mentality of needing/craving the latest, newest, 'hottest' thing out there), when they already OWN a GREAT little sub compact rocket?! [dunno]

Being pissed off at Ford for dropping all cars (or whatever has gone 'wrong' with any owners' FiSTs), especially the ones we love, is NOT a good enough reason for me to spend even more coin yet out of SPITE, on something that may not even be all that 'phenomenal', just because it is the "latest and greatest" out of the far east, and 'fresh'. [nono]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
THIS!! [twothumb]

I just don't get WHY everyone is soooo jaded, and so easily bored (or must have that iPhone 30 mentality of needing/craving the latest, newest, 'hottest' thing out there), when they already OWN a GREAT little sub compact rocket?! [dunno]

Being pissed off at Ford for dropping all cars (or whatever has gone 'wrong' with any owners' FiSTs), especially the ones we love, is NOT a good enough reason for me to spend even more coin yet on something that may not even be all that 'phenomenal', just because it is the "latest and greatest" out of the far east, and 'fresh'. [nono]
I got to say there are ve4y valid points here. Personally I have wanted a FiST for close to three years and just recently purchased a new one. In no way shape or form do I see selling this little go kart for quite awhile.
I think the current I have to have a new car every two years thing I see going on is crazy. When I was a kid my parents bought a new car like they bought a house. Drive it for at least 5 years or longer, like owning a house to live in 10 years or more!
Even when my Dadā€™s company leased cars for him he quite often wound up buying the car at the end of the lease instead of turning it in.
The only time I have owned a car for short time aka 3 years or less is when I owned multiples and bought and sold them. In that sense I owned the same model for close to if not an average of 10 years.

My FiST is going nowhere regardless of how fā€™d up Ford seems to be now. I bought it to be my fun daily, its not my only car though as I do have other projects.

GAbOS

Back on topic..

At 600 lbs heavier and with the added power it's on par with the FiST power to weight but will the chassis be anywhere close to having people sell their Porsches to buy one?! That's what I'm waiting for.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Back on topic..

At 600 lbs heavier and with the added power it's on par with the FiST power to weight but will the chassis be anywhere close to having people sell their Porsches to buy one?! That's what I'm waiting for.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Selling a Porsche for a Veloster? [crazyeye][hah]