Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone else gotten p2282

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
So I know what the troubleshooting page says in the Ford manual and I've sealed and resealed my intake, TB, charge pipes after the tip sensor and checked all my vacuum lines. Here's my mod list:
MRX Longblock
ITX intake
Whoosh extruded stock manifold
stock catalytic converter(will be swapped when I finish my custom 3 inch manifold that will have a cat welded in it)
thermal exhaust
x57rs
turbosmart 14 psi actuator
cpe hot and cold side intercooler pipes
bravoalpha intercooler
tial bov
oil filter sandwich plate
oil pressure gauge
2015 stock fuel vapor hose adaption
radium crankcase and pcv catch can system
Brisk 2 step colder plugs gapped at .018
3 bar map sensor
4.3:1 ratio final drive gear
mfactory LSD
engine ice coolant
motul 5w40 engine oil

Currently tuned by Alex at stratified.

My planned replacements next will be valve cover because it houses the pcv valve and the oil dip stick because I have an aftermarket o ring I think may not be sealing properly.

Now I know the code says air leak between air valves and throttle body but where is this code generated. Is this generated at the map sensor or is it generated at the o2s after combustion. If it's the latter I may need to check and make sure my exhaust is sealed properly but as of yet I smell no leaks. Is this a potential programming error? One thing I've noticed is I foul plugs quick hence why I gapped them so tight. They were gapped at .025 and had heavy carbon fouling which I know is due to running to rich. After driving though, I've noticed the ve tables are still off and when it encounters a lean mixture the car overcorrects and turns it too rich. Open loop I notice that it's bogging down hard at start up and I'm thinking start up is too rich as well I've driven 30 miles so far at the current .018 gap and haven't noticed fouling yet nor have I noticed them running too hot.

This p2282 is my only code other than misfires on cyl 2 and 3. Over a 20 sec datalog with a snap on diagnostic tool I managed to misfire almost 400 times on cyl 2 and 550 times on cyl 3 during part throttle at 4000 rpm. The misfires triggered the flashing cel and the car went into limp mode until afr stabilized and then drove as normal back to the shop. Cyl 1 and 4 are sympathetically misfiring because cyl 2 and 3 are insane.

Information id like to know is if you guys have gotten this as well, what did it end up being caused by?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Haven't encountered it, but here's what it can come from:
What causes the P2282 code?
  • The engine control module (ECM) monitors the manifold absolute pressure sensor for excessive air entering the intake manifold from a vacuum leak.
  • The intake has a vacuum leaking at a gasket or a defective cracked manifold.
  • The PCV system is stuck open causing excessive air to enter the intake.
  • The throttle body shaft or gasket behind it leaks air into the intake.
  • The vapor purge control valve may not be sealing flow of vapors at idle.
Note that the code comes from an intake manifold pressure sensor. It basically means a vacuum leak.

You might check the PCV valve to see if it's stuck. And consider the vapor purge control valve.
The plug fouling could be a result of the ECM trying to compensate for the lean condition. It could also be a result of using too cold plugs.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Haven't encountered it, but here's what it can come from:
Note that the code comes from an intake manifold pressure sensor. It basically means a vacuum leak.

You might check the PCV valve to see if it's stuck. And consider the vapor purge control valve.
The plug fouling could be a result of the ECM trying to compensate for the lean condition. It could also be a result of using too cold plugs.
So I do have that valve cover on order but my confusion is on it only being on cyl 2 and 3. I dismissed injectors before but now I'm starting to seriously consider it and thinking the p2282 is not as bad as it seems. Maybe the p2282 is just a random code and my actual misfires are caused my a faulty solenoid on an injector... I really don't want this to be it but it reminds me of a case I saw on a different forum who had a very small leak on a head gasket that took him almost a year to find doing a leak down test. It ended up being his number 3 injector was fine on every single test until he hook it up to an intermittent controller and saw the spray pattern was messed up. Otherwise it performed correctly at wot and idle but not on partial throttle. My last engine catastrophically failed so I'm really just trying to solve which parts for damaged in the even and which ones are totally fine. Those injectors are still original and so is the pcv valve.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk