Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune+: Tuning Review and Information Thread

looks like my "downpipe in cali" post kickstarted some debatable interest in choosing a tune over the dp. i will def be contacting Tune+ in the near future and getting a lifetime tune. And I must add, this is probably one of the most helpful/respectable forums I have ever been on . Thanks guys!

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #43
looks like my "downpipe in cali" post kickstarted some debatable interest in choosing a tune over the dp. i will def be contacting Tune+ in the near future and getting a lifetime tune. And I must add, this is probably one of the most helpful/respectable forums I have ever been on . Thanks guys!
A downpipe shouldn't be adding until after a turbo upgrade. Only then will you get any gains or benefits from a downpipe. Tune and intercooler are top priority!

JasonHaven

If I don't plan on changing my mods (plan right now is just intercooler + tune), should I just go with the $75 option?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
If I don't plan on changing my mods (plan right now is just intercooler + tune), should I just go with the $75 option?
Go lifetime. 99% of people say "this is as far as I'll go." The funny thing is, 99% of people that say that are 100% more likely to go further. Joking aside, as seasons change and tuners get a few more tricks up their sleeves, it would be nice to be able to take advantage of new knowledge. Plus fresh tunes are like fresh, hot Krispy Kreme donuts.

JasonHaven

Go lifetime. 99% of people say "this is as far as I'll go." The funny thing is, 99% of people that say that are 100% more likely to go further. Joking aside, as seasons change and tuners get a few more tricks up their sleeves, it would be nice to be able to take advantage of new knowledge. Plus fresh tunes are like fresh, hot Krispy Kreme donuts.
I hate you. Now I want doughnuts.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #48
As hijinx says, the lifetime E-tune is definitely worth it. However my single tune file has a lot of rave reviews, but it doesn't include any revisions and it leaves power on the table. If you are just looking for something better than the Cobb OTS map the single tune is where it's at. If you are looking for max power for your setup, then the lifetime is the better choice.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm here to answer them!

Cheers,
Adam

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Hey adam I'm pretty sure I'm going to be contacting you regarding a tune for my upcoming gt2560r install. I also really like the idea of a ghost cam tune as well.
After seeing how happy Rob is with your tune I'm pretty sure you're going to be my tuner.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #50
Hey adam I'm pretty sure I'm going to be contacting you regarding a tune for my upcoming gt2560r install. I also really like the idea of a ghost cam tune as well.
After seeing how happy Rob is with your tune I'm pretty sure you're going to be my tuner.
Sounds good, I really like the way those turbo's perform. They could spool a little faster, but for what they are they work well!

Toss through an order on my website when you are ready! www.adamtuned.com

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #52
Well after today, I can expect a great review ;) haha.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Ok, I've been holding off writing this review until I had a nailed down tune that is semi finalized.

First off i wanted to start by saying I was originally approached my another popular tuner on this site reguarding tuning my car for a discount because i was a ford employee. I graciously declined the offer (because i was not confident in that tuners abilities)

As many of you know i recently purchased a big turbo so the time finally came for me to find someone i trust tuning my car. I had heard nothing but good things about Adam at Tune+ from [MENTION=2687]RobK[/MENTION] so i decided to give him a shot after seeing his work on rob's car.

With Adam's tune from the word go I have been impressed with his customer service and tuning ability with our vehicle. I had ordered my tune on Friday night immediately on Saturday morning I had an email from Adam asking what mods my car had, what fuel I wanted to run and what my goals were for the car. After sending him the requested information I had a tune sent to me in less then an hour. The tune came with instructions on how to load it up and a tutorial on how to data log (for less experienced ap users) After pointing out a few small drivability issues to Adam and requesting some changes to my Casper cam idle. I received my first revision about 20 minutes after requesting it. (This is unheard of in the performance tuning world in my experience). After working out all the drivability issues. Adam and I then went on to log and power tune the car. After about 5 revisions the car pulls harder then it did on my home brew E40 tune with over 100 revisions. Adam fixed all my part throttle boost surge/drivability issues in his first revision of the tune. We are now moving on to final power tuning on the stock turbo and I will share Vdyno numbers very soon. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with Adam's tune and more so his customer service. I went into this experience very nervous trusting someone to tune my baby. Now I feel at ease. I also feel I made a friend out of the process.

Thank you again [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] . I will be referring everyone I know.

I had always been skeptical about doing a custom tune for my FiST. I promised myself that I would never get one, due to the possible reliability issues that can result from them. But after reading the endless praise for Adam's work, I caved in and went for it, and I'm glad I did! The car feels SO MUCH faster than with the OTS Stage 2 map I had before. The car is making so much power, that I actually asked Adam to dial down the boost in 1st and 2nd gear to help manage the wheelspin! (mostley due to my all season tires).

Adam has been a pleasure to work with, his response times are always Incredibly fast, he would often send revisions for the tune within 20 minutes. He even spent time to answer all of my questions about the tune, and a few of the concerns I had. His care for the customer is second to none, which helps really add to the credibility of the brand that he is building. Tune+ is the real deal everyone!

Very interested in this. Anyone have dyno results compairing to OTS maps? I am at stage 2 now and dont intend to add anything else at the moment so a tune would be a good addition

Very interested in this. Anyone have dyno results compairing to OTS maps? I am at stage 2 now and dont intend to add anything else at the moment so a tune would be a good addition
I haven't had my car on a dyno, but the difference in power is VERY noticeable! I'm sure Adam can give you a rough estimate of the gains in power/torque for your setup.

I know I am going to referred to like 100 threads but what is E30? Also can he add launch control with this? I am running stage 3 OTS right now and debating getting a custom tune

I just read it really quickly on my phone before...yes he can set the launch control to whatever rpm you like.

C. love

Soon as I get time to get my downpipe on, i will be calling on Adam for a tune as well. yay