Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Glad to be here- new guy from nc

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I have been posting some, it's time for an Intro. I have a VIN and a 7/14 build date,so will be an owner soon.I'm a lifelong car guy,having started reading car magazines when I was 10. I got some decent cars, a Prelude and an Integra GSR, but nothing really exciting, so I finally said to myself are you going to read about cars for the rest of your life, or are you going to do something about it? It was getting to be like reading about travelling without going anywhere. That led me to the NSX, my lifetime dream car,and I have loved having it. I had an E90 M3 for my DD for a while,and it was an amazing car,but its performance wasn't very accessible in the real world, so I decided to get the FiST. I thought its great handling and all-around performance would be more enjoyable in regular driving.
I was a lawyer for many years,with a general practice and a focus on criminal law. 2014 brought my retirement. Before I got there, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I had surgery to remove it in 2015. It was quite risky because it was near my brain stem where a lot of critical basic functions of life are. If the surgeon touched the wrong thing, I could have been relearning how to walk,eat, or worse. The tumor had to come out, though, it was close to blocking the flow of my spinal fluid. The surgery went very well,the tumor wasn't malignant and they got it all out without damaging anything else. I have truly been given a second chance,and I intend to make the most of it while trying to always remember to be grateful. It really has heightened the enjoyment of driving good cars.
Based on my test drives and looking at almost all of the reviews on it,I think I will love the ST. I am excited about getting it,my only reservation being whether I made the right choice in getting the Recaros. They definitely have the cool factor, I just wonder if they will be too firm, having only sat in them briefly,but I read that they break in. I'm 6', 170 so should fit. With the excellent voice recognition I look at the car as a highly fun mobile jukebox. My plans for it are to keep it stock and get used to it for a while, then probably do the Mountune MP215 tune. I like that it preserves the warranty,which leads me to thinking its conservative enough to not be putting excessive strain on the car, because I hope to keep it long after the warranty expires. I may also do a Mountune RMM, and the Pro Race 1.2 wheels, probably in stock size 17's, but possibly in 16's if I want to soften the ride,and don't think it will adversely impact turn-in crispness.
I never thought I'd consider an American car, but this one appealed to me,and I've actually come full circle because my family got a Capri, another European developed performance Ford, right after I started driving. My Dad and I loved that car, and traded it back and forth over the years.
That's my long story, thanks for reading it, I'm glad to be here.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard, glad to hear your surgery was a success.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I got my car today after following it through its build, then onto a train, a ship to Florida, and a truck to here. I'm thrilled to have it, my initial impressions are excellent handling with no understeer, a more supple ride than i thought it might have (only test-drove briefly, and that was in March), a nice sound, and decent power. I'll know more about the power after break-in: I'm not babying it, but won't redline it until it's broken in at 1000 miles, after doing a break-in oil change. I put my music on a USB stick, and I love the voice recognition, it works well.
I got the Recaros and worried they might be too firm. So far they feel great underneath. They are a bit tight across the back of my rib cage although I'm pretty thin, 6' and 162 lb. I read a lot about them, and by all accounts they break in, and it just seemed like I would miss them if I didn't get them, they are a nice addition.
The car seems well-made, Ford did a great job with it. Here's one pic, I'll try to get some more up after I detail it. View attachment 11154

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Thanks all. Make sure you check tire pressure after you pick up your new car. I almost didn't, because the dealer told me it was part of their pre-delivery inspection, but am glad I did,because they were 42-44 all around. I had read they pump them up high for shipment,so clearly no one checked. I have a nice Accu-Gage dial gauge which I'm pretty sure is accurate.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Welcome, their are a few of us in NC. I love the blue.

Thanks guys, I surely have enjoyed it in the first two days, I can't believe how well it handles. I already like it better then the E90 M3 I sold to get it. Are there any regular NC meets?

Welcome. You will enjoy the car for a looong time.

I hope to keep it for a long time. I'm retired and put few miles on a car so it should be with me for a long time. I tend to keep cars forever (at one point I had two cars over a 28-year period),and I can tell this one's a keeper. I was happy to see that member Antarctica on here had over 170k trouble-free miles on his.

That's funny- I sold a e90 m3 and then a golf R before I got to the fist. Let's do a meet up sometime! I'm located right at 40/85 split