Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

help me and get PAID! details inside.... :)

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

There is a lot to take in account. There is a very fine balance in making it both visible and ledge-able on a crazy open and difficult surface. What will work are bold angular and/or curved lines, basically anything that breaks up the vertical and horizontal nature of the surface. As you have seen above the black is the most ledge-able due to contrast, while the horizontal line of the last "h" gets lost on the silver just because it follows the horizontal bar of the IC. It is also tough to judge it from one picture. If there was better lighting and a more straight on shot it might be more visible.

[MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] have you thought about abbreviating it to "WSM"?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
[MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] have you thought about abbreviating it to "WSM"?
hmmmm
lets try to keep it whoosh for now and see how that works
if the initials were better maybe....

When I look at your company name: Whoosh. ...I can't help but see two turbo snails or turbos in the name (which I think would be cool incorporated in the stencil)

OO <----- replace with little turbos or even turbo snails to give your name and logo a sweet touch! [wink]

But at the same time someone once told me, K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid)
So Instead of the turbos/snails idea, I found a font that keeps it simple and still has the OO that look like turbochargers:

whσσsh

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
When I look at your company name: Whoosh. ...I can't help but see two turbo snails or turbos in the name (which I think would be cool incorporated in the stencil)

OO <----- replace with little turbos or even turbo snails to give your name and logo a sweet touch! [wink]

But at the same time someone once told me, K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid)
So Instead of the turbos/snails idea, I found a font that keeps it simple and still has the OO that look like turbochargers:

whσσsh
Great idea....then in the o's/Turbos put the turbine wheels

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Posting this up for Ron. I believe this is the final approved version. This is just a mock-up of what it could look like. It will go from edge to edge of the core a full 26" and about 3" tall. So it in theory should be visible in the 4.25" x 26" opening of the bumper.

Whoosh_Stencil_Mock-up_2.jpg

I got my Whoosh Intercooler a few months ago and it's still in the box due to various reasons including getting rear ended last month. Now with winter it's not going to go on until next spring. It would be cool if i could get a disposable copy of the stencil when available to do my IC before the install :)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got my Whoosh Intercooler a few months ago and it's still in the box due to various reasons including getting rear ended last month. Now with winter it's not going to go on until next spring. It would be cool if i could get a disposable copy of the stencil when available to do my IC before the install :)
When decided I too would also like a stencil to promote whoosh!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #30

thanks guys!

I really liked the font and how the lines follow the bars in the core of the intercooler on VuDoo's logo. We made a few tweaks and now I have some stencils being made.
I'll offer the stencil in various colors free on new IC purchases when I have them in stock and for those that have intercoolers already, I had a few extra stencils made that can be mailed out and passed around to use for free - shipping from member to member will obviously be the only cost which will be the responsibility of the person wanting to use it.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #31

thanks guys!

I really liked the font and how the lines follow the bars in the core of the intercooler on VuDoo's logo. We made a few tweaks and now I have some stencils being made.
I'll offer the stencil in various colors free on new IC purchases when I have them in stock and for those that have intercoolers already, I had a few extra stencils made that can be mailed out and passed around to use for free - shipping from member to member will obviously be the only cost which will be the responsibility of the person wanting to use it.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Posting this up for Ron. I believe this is the final approved version. This is just a mock-up of what it could look like. It will go from edge to edge of the core a full 26" and about 3" tall. So it in theory should be visible in the 4.25" x 26" opening of the bumper.

View attachment 16286
This makes me even more torn on whether to get the intercooler in black or unpainted :(

thanks guys!

Cool, Thanks Ron

View attachment 16286
This version is the best one imo. I would like to add though for anyone interested in this, a black logo on a silver intercooler is very hard to pick out if you do not remove your front grille with the install. I have the cp-e stencil on my intercooler (black on silver) and its pretty easy to miss. White on black intercooler would be much more visible through the grille. If i were to do it again, that's the route I would go.

Final design looks amazing will definitely be picking up a Black one come tax time!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Interested to see how the stencil looks on someones car when the time comes!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #39
Interested to see how the stencil looks on someones car when the time comes!
I should have these any day now.......waiting !!!!!!
I'm anxious too!

Any suggestions on what colors to offer pre-painted?
obvious white on black intercoolers
and black on polished

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I should have these any day now.......waiting !!!!!!
I'm anxious too!

Any suggestions on what colors to offer pre-painted?
obvious white on black intercoolers
and black on polished
Curious to see how blue would look on the polished intercooler.

Last edited: