Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Please help?

Hi, I'm new here 😊. Just bought a Ford Fiesta ST 3 months ago. Long story short, amber engine warning light came on. Paid for diagnostics. Apparently there is oil in the O2 sensor. Lots of it! Assessor agreed with the problem so the massive company we paid half cash/half finance have offered to do deeper diagnostics and sort it. However, they refuse to give us a courtesy car. I'm self employed and need my car! I have no idea how long it will take to fix so I will lose earnings!
Firstly, can anyone say this has happened to them? Secondly how long does it take to fix? Thank you

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Without knowing more about the problem, it sounds like the oil seals in the turbo gave out, causing the oil to coat the O2 sensors.

It is difficult to say how long they will take to replace the turbo, catcon-downpipe, and any other ancillary parts (IF that is the problem [wink]).

Intuit

3000 Post Club
...... Apparently there is oil in the O2 sensor. ............... Firstly, can anyone say this has happened to them? ......
First I've read of it here. Neglect or "modding" or just plain "Murphy", anything is possible. It may help to search the forum for the code(s) you received. If there's that much oil, there's a good chance it may impact the catalytic converter as well.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Thank you for the feedback. I will keep you posted πŸ™‚. The assessor said he'd only ever seen this on a very old Vauxhall Corsa! It makes me frustrated to be honest. I'm self Employed, use my car for work and will have to lose money while they are sorting it! They refuse to provide a courtesy car. This problem was already in the car before we bought it! These huge companies just don't seem to care after they've sold their cars πŸ˜”. Thanks again all 🌷