Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 Ambient Lighting No Longer Above Glove Box?!

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
My 2017 doesn't have that one. It doesn't have a light inside the glovebox either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just stumbled across this thread too, after spending an hour at the dealer this morning because my new 2017 did not have the light. It came as a surprise to them too. They were going to order one and install it, but the dealer tech said the wiring was not present behind the dash.

I just stumbled across this thread too, after spending an hour at the dealer this morning because my new 2017 did not have the light. It came as a surprise to them too. They were going to order one and install it, but the dealer tech said the wiring was not present behind the dash.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Well, win some lose some i guess. lol

Noticed this too... Bummed. Is there a part number for that dash piece? I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to splice it in with, let's say the floor board accents for simplicity's sake.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Noticed this too... Bummed. Is there a part number for that dash piece? I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to splice it in with, let's say the floor board accents for simplicity's sake.
Interestingly enough the parts catalog shows my car by VIN coming with it but its a 2017 and doesn't have it. The Part number is: BE8Z-13E701-A

Judging by the diagram on my computer the wiring should be there. I haven't physically checked. 14A411 is the wiring harness.

Here's the diagram:

Will go into dealer and see what they can do.
My dealer told me the tech said the wiring harness did not have the hookup, but I don't know how hard he looked or if it could have just been taped up to the harness. I'm very interested to hear what you find out.

I work for ch2m hill, and we just got a 2017 f250 motor replaced ( Irma) out of pocket. They better search this damn fiesta til their hands bleed for what they charged us lol. I'll find out something.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The light part that goes in that area is part #: BE8Z-13E701-A is only $26.65 for normal customer at my dealer. Prices may vary from dealer to dealer.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Looking at the workshop manual it isn't much of a hard process to get to it. Just have to take the glove box out which takes less then a minute then you should have access to it.

The question that remains is whether the 2017s have the electrical connector as part of the wiring harness behind the dash, or if it has been eliminated. Many thanks for the help on this.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The question that remains is whether the 2017s have the electrical connector as part of the wiring harness behind the dash, or if it has been eliminated. Many thanks for the help on this.
If we go by the diagram it should have the connector. I posted the procedure to remove the piece in case someone wanted to do it and see if the connector is up there. Shouldn't be hard but my car isn't in my possession right now.

I ordered the part, it is on backorder. Should get it in a few weeks and try to make it work on a 2017.

I am going to hold off ordering it until somebody confirms that it will work in our 2017s.

Either way, if the plug is or isn't there... You can splice into the passenger footwell LEDs. I would assume Ford kept the plug for all LEDs the same (I hope) thus all wiring is the same. I haven't had time to confirm this with the dealership... Been getting mad hourz.

I pulled the trim piece out that is where the bulb is on the older cars, and clearly it is the led retainer without the LED light or bulb. I could not tell if the socket is still present on the wiring harness. There are a bunch of wires taped together to a retainer and it is not possible without slicing through the tape and detaching the wires from the stand-off to see if there is a small socket or if at least there are a couple of wires where a socket was snipped off. Here is what the filler piece looks like.

yeah i dug in there few weeks ago after discovering this thread. I saw no connector or loose wires. They must've ditched out on that whole part of the harness considering the older models also had a bulb inside of the glovebox which every damn car should have for when you need to see in there at night