Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sony Radio and display wont turn on Fiesta ST2 2017

I get into my car and normally the screen would come on and radio turns on when I start the car. It has now stopped doing this. This happened about week and a half ago
The Sony radio screen is blank and no buttons seems to respond and nothing from radio
I took the fascia and dashboard apart to get to the head unit and unplugged and plugged wires back in. I can hear the cd drive spin up as it get power but still unresponsive with buttons, I cannot eject my cd. Hazard lights come on and door lock button works so power is getting through in that area

I have tried with a replacement unit and I can still hear it spin up but no response.
I have checked fuses in passenger side and they all look OK.

Any ideas?

IMG-20240122-WA0021.jpeg

OP
M
Thread Starter #2
Got error code U0257 on Forscan, so ordered a new screen and the part behind it with motherboard to see if that works.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I'm pretty sure some "distracted driver" or/and their victims would try to blame and try to sue Ford for their wreck, if they put that many buttons on a dash here in the US LoL.

Dunno whether these combinations will function with the right hand drive vehicles...
Test Modes
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ould-secret-features-thread.15615/post-506799
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/fiesta-hidden-dash-menu-self-diagnostics-mode.4062/
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/engineering-test-mode.8047/

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
I purchased a new screen and it works
It's the same screen but part number were different. My old one ended in LA. (F1BT-18B955-LA) This one ended in SA.
Gonna open up my old one and see what's wrong with it. Opened it before and nothing looked blown.

Working new screen.
20240202_173551.jpg

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Inside of my old module behind the screen
Nothing looks blown that I can see. 🤔

20240202_174218.jpg 20240202_181502.jpg 20240202_181518.jpg

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I purchased a new screen and it works ..........

Inside of my old module behind the screen
Nothing looks blown that I can see. 🤔
Was it *just* the LCD + digitizer that was replaced or were the logic and power supply board(s) included? I don't know which technology that display is, but the old LCD panel technology have tiny CCFL tubes driven by an inverter. Sometimes the tubes would burn out or/and the inverter would fail. In old designs the inverter boards used to be so much more prone to failure that they would be their own separate PCB. Eventually reliability improved and they started placing on the same PCB. Cheaper, more power efficient and reliable, the backlights are LED driven now. Only reason it took so long for displays to convert over to LED backlight is their color output was skewed.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
I'm not very knowledgeable.
It was a new screen with the black module thing with motherboard inside, purchased 2nd hand from a breakers yard on ebay.

I just took out the old one and put that one in its place, put the wire in the back to get power and screwed it down and turned car on and thankfully radio came to life.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Okay sounds like the whole kit & kaboodle then. When just the backlight goes, sometimes you can see a faint image on the display.