Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

USB Relocation?

I currently am running a 100 year old iPod through the USB in my 2016 FiST. I don't ever actually touch the iPod, except to occasionally add new music, and was wondering if there is an easy way to relocate it to my glove box instead of taking up space in the console? Is it reasonably easy to run the wire through to the glove box, or does the Sync 3 head unit happen to have any ports of any kind on the back that would be easy enough to feed a wire to the glove box? It's obviously not a huge deal it if has to stay in the console.. but the more out the way it is the better.

The cable to the USB ports in the center console run along the passenger side of the console. Inline is a USB mini B (not micro) male plug that you would unplug and re-route. You would need a female mini B adapter and maybe a 1ft extension cable. It would be cool to dremel the glove box and mount a chassis female B, or you could just hang the cable over the top. I don't recall if the center bezel needs to be removed in order to remove the side panel, might be able to just remove the side on its own. Be careful to pull the clips out straight or they will likely break. Glove box drops down by squeezing the sides of the box in to release the stops. Post back if you end up doing this!

Video showing console disassembly:
https://youtu.be/ViYqV1iD8oc?t=93

usb-full.jpg

usb-close.jpg

console.jpg