Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

14’ Tuxedo Black | TURDBO BUILD

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Was able to finally change my intermediate and primary ebrake cable sets. I haven't had an emergency brake for over a year. So that's comforting! Turns out the pivoting arm on my driver's side caliper that sets the brake was actually seized. I think that's why my cable stretched originally. PB and some smacking freed it all up. My heat shield nuts were rusted and going to snap the bolt if removed... So, I had to cut away some of the shield to access the lower connecting point of the cables. Bummer, but it worked. Had wifey on installing new whoosh stainless steel brake lines, that was rad and helpful. Def need to bleed the brakes now. Car is finally off stands and back on the ground after almost 8 months.

View attachment 48102 View attachment 48103 View attachment 48104 View attachment 48105 View attachment 48106 View attachment 48107 View attachment 48108
Pedal gonna be much nicer now!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #322
Sent a log to the tuner and received confirmation everything still checks out from previous tuning cycles. Before removing my turbo setup I was seeing boost fluctuation of ~2-4psi and inconsistent fueling. I believe this was due to a turbine housing exhaust leak between the two housing vband. IMO fuel still looks a little choppy but I'm no tuner and if he says it checks out that works for me. I was hoping for quite a bit more power but we cut it off there to negate chances of lifting my already, likely, tired heads. Car now has 117k miles on it. Hoping to eventually throw a built motor in the car and keep the horsepower goals moving forward. Next step is install my new suspension, injen exhaust midsection resonator delete, retrofit projector headlights and some more aero stuff. Car feels good. I'm in the market for new tires here ASAP. My current set are literally slicks from tuning process. I am running OEM wheels... Was considering Nitto Neo Gens because cost effective. Car is only seasonal so could probably get something better... But is it really worth? Car is fun commuter / weekend road toy no track or anything like that. Suggestions or input?

E50 - 4port Aux:
IMG_20220412_205953.jpg

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sent a log to the tuner and received confirmation everything still checks out from previous tuning cycles. Before removing my turbo setup I was seeing boost fluctuation of ~2-4psi and inconsistent fueling. I believe this was due to a turbine housing exhaust leak between the two housing vband. IMO fuel still looks a little choppy but I'm no tuner and if he says it checks out that works for me. I was hoping for quite a bit more power but we cut it off there to negate chances of lifting my already, likely, tired heads. Car now has 117k miles on it. Hoping to eventually throw a built motor in the car and keep the horsepower goals moving forward. Next step is install my new suspension, injen exhaust midsection resonator delete, retrofit projector headlights and some more aero stuff. Car feels good. I'm in the market for new tires here ASAP. My current set are literally slicks from tuning process. I am running OEM wheels... Was considering Nitto Neo Gens because cost effective. Car is only seasonal so could probably get something better... But is it really worth? Car is fun commuter / weekend road toy no track or anything like that. Suggestions or input?

E50 - 4port Aux:
View attachment 48309
One thing to consider with tires IMO if you are running a bigger Turbo aka much more power than don’t cheap on the rubber as much as some do as the stickier rubber will help getting the power down. I can tell you first hand power in a light car with less than optimum tires for the power can cause a ton of wheelspin rather than hooking up. Stock with a tune not that big of a deal adding a lot more HP ya go stickier . I would say a compromise for your car would Dirizza III’s relatively decent stick with decent wear longevity Neo Gens might be on more on the spin the tire side. They were good back in the day but there time has come and gone. You could make a better choice.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #324
One thing to consider with tires IMO if you are running a bigger Turbo aka much more power than don’t cheap on the rubber as much as some do as the stickier rubber will help getting the power down. I can tell you first hand power in a light car with less than optimum tires for the power can cause a ton of wheelspin rather than hooking up. Stock with a tune not that big of a deal adding a lot more HP ya go stickier . I would say a compromise for your car would Dirizza III’s relatively decent stick with decent wear longevity Neo Gens might be on more on the spin the tire side. They were good back in the day but there time has come and gone. You could make a better choice.
Thank you for your suggestion, I'll look into it them!

Erick_V

Might also be worth looking at the Conti DW (if they make them in 17) They were supposed to compete with the Michelin PSS, they’re 300tw and good for dry and wet. I’m not sure how they would hook up at your power level. Looks like your torque builds up nicely vs a stock turbo.

FWIW I’m stock turbo E30, so stupid low end torque. I’m at 12k on my RT660’s and I have 2-3 autocross events and a track day on them and I could still run them through fall. I was at 6/32nds before the track day, haven’t checked them yet after. I really really like them as a street tire, I’m most likely getting another set after these are shot.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Might also be worth looking at the Conti DW (if they make them in 17) They were supposed to compete with the Michelin PSS, they’re 300tw and good for dry and wet. I’m not sure how they would hook up at your power level. Looks like your torque builds up nicely vs a stock turbo.

FWIW I’m stock turbo E30, so stupid low end torque. I’m at 12k on my RT660’s and I have 2-3 autocross events and a track day on them and I could still run them through fall. I was at 6/32nds before the track day, haven’t checked them yet after. I really really like them as a street tire, I’m most likely getting another set after these are shot.
I recommended Direzza to him only because he was looking at Neo Gens. I too am a big fan of RT660’s and they work quite well with higher HP . I love them with my S280.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

FWIW I’m stock turbo E30, so stupid low end torque. I’m at 12k on my RT660’s and I have 2-3 autocross events and a track day on them and I could still run them through fall. I was at 6/32nds before the track day, haven’t checked them yet after. I really really like them as a street tire, I’m most likely getting another set after these are shot.[/Q
Unfortunately not in anything close that would fit good...I've ran them on my Typhoon. great tire though. i ended up with 215/40r17 in RT615+...great tire also.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #328
I ended up picking up a set of 215/40/17 RT615K+ but likely would have purchased the Direzza 3 if they had them in immediate stock. 720$ final price with instillation from tire rack.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #329
Just had exhaust modified again. One resonator away from straight piped. Peron 3.5" catless DP, Nortech tubular manifold, modified 3" injen CBE. Sounds rad, been wanting to do this for a while now... Have just enough pipe to delete the last resonator. Probably won't do it though... We shall see.

IMG_20220425_162344.jpg IMG_20220425_174528.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/TtKLdkJ5uVI

Last edited:

Raistron

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Oh shit dude...I literally just went through and read every post on this thread, build looks amazing, I got really sad for a moment seeing you decide to return to stock, followed by really happy that you picked it back up recently. Then right back to terrible at seeing the pics, I hope you're good, judging by what Typhoon said you are. Hope the car isn't in too bad a shape and is still salvageable for what you want!

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #337
Thank you so much for the concern guys, yeah I'm doing alright. Really disappointed and just navigating emotions really lol. Took a turn too fast and lost control on understeer/torque steer plus I think my passenger side tie rod failed simultaneously... If not then I can't really describe what happened. Per typical accident it all just happened so quickly. Lower back and pride hurt lol. Wife isn't sure she wants me building fast cars anymore for family sake scare... She was shook up by it. Hopefully I will be getting a new fist and transferring the build.. contacting insurance today to assess options.