Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

15x8 team dynamics rubbing on konis upfront????

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I just installed my 15x8 team Dynamics and had the inside lip of rim rub my konis right above the spindle bolts. Is this a common issue with clearance there ? I have heard of this issue before. I took a hammer and beat on my konis to make room lol.

Loosen the bolts/nuts for the strut to spindle, and adjust for some clearance... the Koni has a little more play here compared to OEM, nice for dialing in little additional neg camber but may rub as it can get close to the 8wide ET35 wheels with the play between the bolt diameter and the strut hole diameter.

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Loosen the bolts/nuts for the strut to spindle, and adjust for some clearance... the Koni has a little more play here compared to OEM, nice for dialing in little additional neg camber but may rub as it can get close to the 8wide ET35 wheels with the play between the bolt diameter and the strut hole diameter.
Yeah it’s prob from running the camber bolts also. I’m prob around -2.5 camber or so. I gotta get it in for alignment. I made a decent amount of room massaging my konis with hammer so wouldn’t be issue again. Just was surprised I never heard of this issue before.

Yeah it’s prob from running the camber bolts also. I’m prob around -2.5 camber or so. I gotta get it in for alignment. I made a decent amount of room massaging my konis with hammer so wouldn’t be issue again. Just was surprised I never heard of this issue before.
You can try the camber bolt in the bottom hole, theoretically it can give you a bit more clearance with the same camber... turn to adjust do that you have at least 1/8” clearance. Max out the top with a pry bar as you tighten down if you haven’t already, this will not affect clearance to strut.

Man i have the same setup and after reading your post i tried one wheel and its rubbing slightly.I am thinking a 3mm spacer should be gd ? what do you guys think.I put the Stock wheels back on lol

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Thanks guy.
Man i have the same setup and after reading your post i tried one wheel and its rubbing slightly.I am thinking a 3mm spacer should be gd ? what do you guys think.I put the Stock wheels back on lol
Interesting. What do you have for suspension? Could hammer in that area like I did or grind it down slightly also. Or 3mm spacer would do trick. I wish I knew that they could rub there before I put new wheels on and backed up 10ft and put little groove in rims.

I have swift springs with Koni’s.And i guess the problem is that not too many people are running these exact setup.So there aren’t any write up or pictures.I will ask few friends if they can help me grind that down as i don’t wanna hammer it down lol

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I have swift springs with Koni’s.And i guess the problem is that not too many people are running these exact setup.So there aren’t any write up or pictures.I will ask few friends if they can help me grind that down as i don’t wanna hammer it down lol
Lol if makes you feel any better my konis are a custom valved setup and not off the shelf :( felt little bad hitting them with a hammer lol. You really don’t have to beat on them that much. That part bends easy.