Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

16x8 Concave Face 35 offset Dekagrams would you buy?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Had to make it a question. I am a big fan of Concave Faces. I like the Dekagrams a lot amd was dissapointed to see Konig got conservative on the face for the 4x108 version for our cars. The result was a flat face 40 offset wheel.
They made it in a Concave face for 4x100 and gave it a 35 offset which would actually help on brake clearance as it would move the spokes outward 5mm even though they are more concave.

So I talked to Konig today and they told me if I could get an order of 60 wheels together they would make a run of 16x8 4x108 35 offset Concave face Dekagrams. Speak up would like to see how many would be interested.
Maybe I won’t have to redrill my hubs for 4x100? 1F5558DF-990B-4BAD-922C-E86516B36887.png

CSM

1000 Post Club
As much as I'd love to I would pass. I can't imagine this wheel wouldn't poke out of the fenders somewhat

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
As much as I'd love to I would pass. I can't imagine this wheel wouldn't poke out of the fenders somewhat
Nothing negative camber would not cover is literally 5 mm more it’s not that much . That’s less than a quarter of an inch. I see no problems with clearing in fact TD Pro Race makes 1.2’s in 15x8 +38 4 x 108 so 3 mm is not going to give a problem IMO

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club
Nothing negative camber would not cover is literally 5 mm more it’s not that much . That’s less than a quarter of an inch. I see no problems with clearing in fact TD Pro Race makes 1.2’s in 15x8 +38 4 x 108 so 3 mm is not going to give a problem IMO
yeah and those TD 15x8s poke out from all the photos I've seen. Just not a fan of that poking out look

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
yeah and those TD 15x8s poke out from all the photos I've seen. Just not a fan of that poking out look
I am not sure what you consider poke out lol. I actually like how those 15x8 TD”s look on the cars. I was never into the sunken battleship look some people around here seem to favor. I want my wheels to fill the wells and sit flush. I am not afraid of doing a fender roll. 40 offset is okay but man we are talking about 5 mm more that is hardly poke. Poke is half inch to inch beyond the side of the car.. 5 mm will sit flush with a little decamber and 215/45 which is a fine tire size for an 8. If you want go to go 225 and are worried about rub just raise the car up slightly if you have coilovers. Or do a roll and possible pull

I like aggressive looking, anything not flush looks wimpy in my eyes. Hell the wimpy offset and wheel size they put on the car underwhelms how awesome it is. Its sad we can”t run 9”s with out going ape crazy on roll pull and body mods.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Would it be totally impossible for Konig to make a n ET 40 concave in the Dekagram, due to the design??
I called and asked them their statement was because of brake clearance.
Which I found kind of interesting. I mean I get as a manufacturer wanting to play it safe but I bet they could have even stepped the offset out to 38 and still felt safe with our cars and done Concave. They just went real conservative all the way around with offset and brake clearance.
Its just Rota manages to make a Concave face 40 offset wheel for our cars granted its a 17 but our stock brakes clear 16:s. Also XXR makes a Concave face 17 for our cars in 40 offset.s
Thing is 40 offset is not that far off our stock offset even 35 is somewhat conservative. Especially when we are only talking 8 inch vs 7 inch stock.
On our 240sx”s we used to go from factory 6.5 to 9”s and from a factory of +45 to as low as +17 which I actually ran. I have pics of the car around here somwhere. I was under factory wheel wells with a roll and pull.