Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

17 inch spare?

Does anyone has experience with using a 17" spare inside the oem spare wheel compartment. I have 17's all round and a big brake kit in the front. The 17's barely clear the brake kit. So if I were to ever get a flat in the front, I would need to swap the rear wheel to the front and put the spare 15" in the back. I was wondering if anyone has any info or experience they can share?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The car is ridged enough to place the one jack and lift the complete side of the car.
Should you unfortunately have a front flat, you could put the rear wheel on the front and then the spare on the rear.

The spare tire well is sized to a diameter that is common across all 3 tire sizes offered for the Fiesta line, so the diameter of the 205/40-15 will fit. As for the depth, I have a whole bunch of tools stored on top of my spare with no issues at all in closing the cover. Plain and simple your 17 inch tire and wheel will fit. May even fit with enough room for a short stack of pancakes but I do not think that a bunny with a pancake on it's head will fit.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Since the factory supplied Kumho 185/60-15 spare tire is about the same overall diameter as most of the 205/40-17s out there, if not a bit taller, as long as you stick with that and don't go to a 215/40-17 or 215/45-17, it will fit into the spare 'well'.

As far as which 17s will clear your front BBK, [dunno].

Which BBK is it, which 17s are you currently running, and what size tire on those??

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #5
Sounds good, thanks for the info guys [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk