Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire options for 15 inch wheels

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
To those of you that have 15 inch wheels, what size tires do you run and is there a good high performance all season tire available in a size that fits the fiesta? I’m looking at switching to 15 inch wheels but the all season options seem pretty limited. I previously had pilot sport 4 all seasons which were great but unfortunately they don’t work with 15 inch wheels.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF anyone still made a 205/55-15 (or even a 215/50-15), that would be a perfect daily use street, UHP all season size for us.

But of course they do not.

I wonder what size all of those thousands of earlier 3 series/E30 M3 Bimmer owners use now? [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They make everything in 205/50R15. Check out that size and they fit perfect on a 15x7 wheel.
TRUE, but some will despise that huge wheel well gap when using a setup that short in overall diameter, on a factory ride height/suspension FiST. [:(]

SteveS

1000 Post Club
There's only a quarter inch (0.20" actually) difference in wheelwell gap between the 205/50-15 and 205/40-17.

just go with 205/50/15. very close to stock height and some all season options there.

I'm seconding that Advan Fleva V701 205/55-15 recommendation from @SteveS - I was able to get away with Indy 500's all year around here. I've mentioned it in a few places but the Continental DWS 06 Plus have been treating me really well as an all season set.

What 15's did you get @FiestaSTdude :D

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
15x7's and i ran 205/50R15s.

15x8's and now run 225/45R15s.

They make everything in 205/50R15. Check out that size and they fit perfect on a 15x7 wheel.
They make almost everything. My UHP all season options are kinda low. Summer options are good though.
I'm seconding that Advan Fleva V701 205/55-15 recommendation from @SteveS - I was able to get away with Indy 500's all year around here. I've mentioned it in a few places but the Continental DWS 06 Plus have been treating me really well as an all season set.

What 15's did you get @FiestaSTdude :D
I haven’t actually bought any wheels yet but I’m pretty set on Sparco Terra’s. Ideally I’d get them in white but I haven’t found white 15s yet so I’ll probably go for their light gray option.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I realize that I probably sound very picky on tires and that’s because I really want a pilot sport 4 all season. That’s all I’ve ever run on the fiesta (other than snow tires) and I was very pleased with their performance. Dry handling was sufficient for my level of skill/willingness to push the limits and they were very good in the rain. Also I didn’t have to worry about how they would perform on a cold morning like we get in the winter here. If only Michelin made them in a size that would fit 15s on the fiesta . . .

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
We all want what we want, and I have also been somewhat frustrated with tire choices because there are just not that many summer performance tires available in the OEM 17" size. Apparently that's the case also for the 15s that you're looking at.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you want 205/55-15 you can get Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 or Kumho Ecsta PS31
Yes, I've noticed that.

But of course they are both SUMMER tires (albeit not freeze to hockey pucks and crystallize/destroy the compound in <40*F temps, 200 tread wear gummies), and not UHP all seasons. [:(]

Fine year round for those in the deep south/Tejas/southwest, not so much for everyone else.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I realize that I probably sound very picky on tires and that’s because I really want a pilot sport 4 all season. That’s all I’ve ever run on the fiesta (other than snow tires) and I was very pleased with their performance. Dry handling was sufficient for my level of skill/willingness to push the limits and they were very good in the rain. Also I didn’t have to worry about how they would perform on a cold morning like we get in the winter here. If only Michelin made them in a size that would fit 15s on the fiesta . . .
They used to be available in the popular on here size 205/50-16, but not in 15s. [:(]

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
Continental Extreme contact DWS06 high performance all seasons from tire rack
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/the-official-fiesta-st-wheels-thread.1698/page-78#post-492924
I love their performance so far, good in wet and dry and $40 less than the Michelin pilot sport 4s I was running on my 17 inch wheels.
I was hoping you would weigh in having had the 4S’ before. I thought they spec’d out like similar option. I’ve been crazy impressed with them. Had a few coworkers asking what tire it was after a spirited drive even. They keep up really well with the E30 tune performance level surprisingly.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
I was hoping you would weigh in having had the 4S’ before. I thought they spec’d out like similar option. I’ve been crazy impressed with them. Had a few coworkers asking what tire it was after a spirited drive even. They keep up really well with the E30 tune performance level surprisingly.
Just to clarify, I had the pilot sport all seasons. I think they recently came out with a pilot sport summer tire, which is not what I was running.
In my experience the DWS06s feel very similar to the pilot sport as 4s. I’m not a particularly experienced/skilled driver but definitely enjoy pushing my fiesta through corners. Both tire’s perform good enough for me to easily exceed on and off ramp speed limits comfortably. Both tires also do exceptionally well in the rain, especially when new. In fact, the DWS06s blew me away with their wet performance. I haven’t owned the DWS06s long enough to get an idea of how long they’ll last, but I would get around 20-25k from the pilot sport as 4s. Both are great tires, but the DWS06s are $40 cheaper and more importantly were available in a 205/45/R16.