Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2867 gen 2. Any real world reviews?

All,

I have been looking all over haven’t found much on this turbo the 2867 gen 2. I am seeking real world opinions about this turbo. This would include proper aux fueling and manifold.

How reliable are these aux fuel kits?

The car is being used as a commuter and unfortunately for me it is 95% highway driving. I don’t believe spooling of a large turbo will be a issue at highway speeds. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks

slopoke

I've recently upgraded to a GTX2860R from a hybrid turbo. My understanding, the 2867 spools a lot later than a 2860, by how much I don't know. I've just started tuning for E40 and 4 port aux fuel, actually I did my first pulls on the base map this morning. Max torque is 4100ish rpms, compared to 3400 rpms of my old hybrid. Full boost is at 4000 rpms. With that said, unless you are shooting for really really big HP numbers, I would think the 2860 would be more to your liking. To gain the most from a big turbo, aux fuel is absolutely required, the big turbo will not make anymore HP than a hybrid without it. The tuner I'm using stated that for me 340-350 whp can be easily done with a conservative tune on E40. If he pushes the tune 380-400 whp is possible. My full list of engine related mods are in my signature line.

For aux fuel, you can go one of four ways. Single port, 4 port using a complete Stratified system, complete or build on a bare manifold/rail from Peron via Whoosh, or a Boomba DIY rail/spacer. All of the systems will use a Split Second fuel controller. The single port goes between the intake manifold and throttle body, but problem is that you are not assured that all 4 cylinders are getting an even amount of fuel and costs $880.00. The 4 port is harder to install, but all cylinders are getting the same amount of fuel.

The differences between the 4 port systems are the Stratified is a complete kit and is roughly $1400.00. The Stratified manifold sprays fuel into each intake runner, so all 8 intake valves get washed with fuel. The Peron rail/manifold can be purchased by itself and you would source the controller, injectors and plumbing yourself and like the Stratified system, all 8 intake valves get washed with fuel. The Peron is $799.00 for the bare rail/manifold and $1250.00 complete. Now the Boomba is a little different due to the fact only 4 of the 8 valves get sprayed with fuel because of how it's constructed, but it's the cheaper solution out there. When I was doing my research on systems, IIRC, I could do a complete system based on the Boomba hardware for just under $900.00. The Boomba rail/manifold is $315. Good luck.