Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 Fiesta ST Water Leak in Hatch

Hey everyone!

So I ended up buying that Fiesta ST that I posted about a few weeks ago. 2016, 46k miles, a few small mods, and I love it! It drives amazingly well and it's just great. Here's a photo of it:

PXL_20210122_174122717.MP.jpg

Now, however, I have run into an unfortunate problem. (A slightly ironic one because part of the reason why I bought the FiST now was that we've been having a ton of rain and I was driving my Miata as a DD until I found a new daily but my Miata's roof leaks...) Yesterday I went to track practice (I'm a coach) and let my runners put their stuff in the car while the ran. When we got back from the run, I noticed a good amount of water on top of the all-weather cargo mat. I figured the kids put their soaked clothes in there or maybe I left the hatch open too long so no big deal, I'll mop it up later. Today, since there was a break in the rain, I went to the car to mop it up. For the heck of it, I lifted the cargo tray/mat to see if any water had seeped through - lo and behold, almost 2 inches of water inside my spare tire well. Like a literal swimming pool of water.

I wet vacuumed it out and have been trying to figure out where it is coming from. I had someone pour water on the rear hatch area while I sat in the hatch and the only place I could see water leak from is the little plastic anchors/things that the torx screw screws into for the rear bumper cover (photos below). Has anyone else experienced this and have an idea for a fix? I was thinking maybe using some Permatex / RTV to create a sort of gasket around the little white plastic thingy. Should I also just replace the white plastic thing? Does anyone know the part number? Are there any other areas I should examine for leaks?

Thanks everyone.

PXL_20210129_013603833.jpg PXL_20210129_013611270.jpg

OP
speedyspaghetti
Thread Starter #5
Do you have a sunroof?
Hey so I took apart the rear interior today and found that a bunch of water is leaking where the sunroof tray connects to the drain line - the line itself seems clear, I blew through it and it is clear. Some water dribbles through it, but a lot of it pools up before the line and then spills over the side onto the headliner. Any ideas for how to fix this?

The water pools up near the green arrow and then spills out over where the red is.

IMG_20210129_230407.jpg

Last edited: