Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Results from Cobb OTS stage 3 to custom tune?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Fellas,

I read for a good hour and found only one dyno that compared a Cobb OTS stage 3 tune to a custom tune on our cars, same basic stage 3 mods with the only difference being the tune.

Was curious what you guys are achieving...my last custom tune from a Cobb OTS stage 3 (on a Subaru, where stage 3 meant larger turbo) added a good 25 ft/lbs of torque but no hp. Wondered how a Fiesta stacks up with the same comparison? I've about got all my stage 3 stuff ready and will use the OTS tune for a few months until I can get to a tuner, wondering what to expect as I chart my progress/plans.

Any info appreciated.

TempeST

Well, first off. The COBB tune is a Great tune for having to be conservative to be ok for all cars. its a very smooth, and powerful tune for what it is. Kudos to COBB for having such a great platform

As for custom tuning. From personal experience. a Custom tune is better, the tuner can fit the tune to your specific mods and car. you will NOT regret getting a custom tune. Your car really wakes up. e-tunes range from ~150 to ~300 according to who you choose to use. But if you're looking for a dyne tune it will be much more costly. I use Adam from [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] and he is already almost done with my car and other than my own personal delays he is already almost done and only working on the third revision. in only 3 Business days. once its all done Ill take it to the dyne and run COBB stage 3 vs Adams tune so I can see the difference, but I can just tell you the car runs so much more smoothly, and power comes on so much harder and pulls so much more. I really don't need the proof, but I like to see it on paper. not for bragging rights, just to see the power curves so I can see where I need to improve to be able judge where my power band needs to be for my personal use of the car.

Hope this helps, and if you have any questions let me know.

Well, first off. The COBB tune is a Great tune for having to be conservative to be ok for all cars. its a very smooth, and powerful tune for what it is. Kudos to COBB for having such a great platform

As for custom tuning. From personal experience. a Custom tune is better, the tuner can fit the tune to your specific mods and car. you will NOT regret getting a custom tune. Your car really wakes up. e-tunes range from ~150 to ~300 according to who you choose to use. But if you're looking for a dyne tune it will be much more costly. I use Adam from [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] and he is already almost done with my car and other than my own personal delays he is already almost done and only working on the third revision. in only 3 Business days. once its all done Ill take it to the dyne and run COBB stage 3 vs Adams tune so I can see the difference, but I can just tell you the car runs so much more smoothly, and power comes on so much harder and pulls so much more. I really don't need the proof, but I like to see it on paper. not for bragging rights, just to see the power curves so I can see where I need to improve to be able judge where my power band needs to be for my personal use of the car.

Thank you for the referral. I have a $150.00 single E-tune option and a $250.00 lifetime E-tune offering. Everything is listed on my site, have a look!

www.adamtuned.com

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4

Hey thanks a bunch for your thoughts here. Yes as I mentioned on my previous Scooby build I drove with the OTS a few months and then got a tune which was nice, the difference is definitely nice. I really appreciate your plan here and would love to see the dyno comparison when you get it. Please keep me/us posted!!

Thank you for the referral. I have a $150.00 single E-tune option and a $250.00 lifetime E-tune offering. Everything is listed on my site, have a look!

www.adamtuned.com
Thanks Adam, I'm new to the concept of e-tuning but I'll check out your website for sure. For me a reputable tune requires a drive several hours one way unfortunately....I'd love to get it dyno'd though when all is said and done. I like that you work only on Fords, and many others here have mentioned your work so I shall look into this!

Hey thanks a bunch for your thoughts here. Yes as I mentioned on my previous Scooby build I drove with the OTS a few months and then got a tune which was nice, the difference is definitely nice. I really appreciate your plan here and would love to see the dyno comparison when you get it. Please keep me/us posted!!

Thanks Adam, I'm new to the concept of e-tuning but I'll check out your website for sure. For me a reputable tune requires a drive several hours one way unfortunately....I'd love to get it dyno'd though when all is said and done. I like that you work only on Fords, and many others here have mentioned your work so I shall look into this!
Sounds good, let me know if you have any questions. A lot of my customers get on the dyno after we finalize a tune, some even can't wait and dyno after a revision or two. I always recommend waiting until I say a tune is final before heading to a dyno!

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
There is simply no comparison between Adams stage 3 tune and the OTS cobb map. I had to go back to the OTS map recently (for about 3 weeks) and it was a definite downgrade in performance. The OTS map leaves alot on the table, ESPECIALLY part throttle driveability. For even more power, if you have access to E85 I'd high recommend having Adam do a custom E30 tune for you. It makes a noticeable difference over his 93 octane custom map and like a completely different animal to the OTS maps. [hihi]

I can't speak on drivability because I went straight to a Stage 3 Pro Tune, but Jon at COBB Socal was able to extract 5hp and 25ft/lbs to the wheels over the OTS Stage 3 map. This was on 91 octane.

There is simply no comparison between Adams stage 3 tune and the OTS cobb map. I had to go back to the OTS map recently (for about 3 weeks) and it was a definite downgrade in performance. The OTS map leaves alot on the table, ESPECIALLY part throttle driveability. For even more power, if you have access to E85 I'd high recommend having Adam do a custom E30 tune for you. It makes a noticeable difference over his 93 octane custom map and like a completely different animal to the OTS maps. [hihi]
Thank you for the referral! I bet that OTS map was boringgggg.