Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ Induction Hose Pre-Sale

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
So it looks like the August ship date is accurate. I asked someone via online chat with Mishimoto if they were on track for July and they had said the same thing about August. This was more than two months ago.

Then, I posted on here to confirm with Sara [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] to see if that was correct and she denied it saying it was July 18th. Poor communication skills inside this company. I don't understand why they would have two different estimated shipping dates, I wouldn't have even cared if it was August if they had just said that from the beginning.

It looks like another member has his 2016 complete intake installed and he got a CEL from the evap adapter. Maybe the adapter isn't working like they hoped.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9989-P144C-on-2016-fiesta-ST

Bluedrank

So it looks like the August ship date is accurate. I asked someone via online chat with Mishimoto if they were on track for July and they had said the same thing about August. This was more than two months ago.

Then, I posted on here to confirm with Sara [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] to see if that was correct and she denied it saying it was July 18th. Poor communication skills inside this company. I don't understand why they would have two different estimated shipping dates, I wouldn't have even cared if it was August if they had just said that from the beginning.

It looks like another member has his 2016 complete intake installed and he got a CEL from the evap adapter. Maybe the adapter isn't working like they hoped.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9989-P144C-on-2016-fiesta-ST
Well that's not good. I was really hoping these delays were to ensure that it functioned correctly, guess not. I'm thinking the best bet might just be cancelling my order at this point.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
I'll wait for them to respond and see how that other thread turned out, could be from improper installation so I don't want to place judgment too soon.

Bluedrank

I went ahead and just cancelled my pre-order. When they figure out their communications issues and have proven that the part works without throwing codes, then maybe I'll consider buying from them in the future.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
They haven't been online since the 19th, seems like they may be intentionally avoiding us.

I put a call in today, I understand the delay but I am really wondering about the "adaptor" and the apparent CEL. I really don't get why a different I take tube with additional bung cannot be made available. I completely understand why everyone wants to adapt the old one, but adaptors can be problematic and I just don't buy the whole; "it will work fine". Charge us a few bucks more and do it right the first time.

I also spoke with Cobb and their 16 intake is getting closer to reality though he could not confirm whether it would use a different intake tube or an adaptor (like everyone else seems to be doing). Haven't cancelled my order from Mishimoto yet but becoming more skeptical about the 16 solutions....

mishimoto1

Sorry for the delayed response guys.

The hoses are en route! As soon as they get to our warehouse, they will be immediately shipped out to you. We expect these hoses to begin shipping out the week of August 8th, which is in about 2 and a half weeks from now.

It is always a hassle when these types of delays happen, and I do sincerely apologize for that. When these types of delays happen, expected ship dates get pushed back and that makes it longer for your product to arrive at your doorstep. Targeting exact dates months out in advance has proven to be quite difficult, as you might imagine with extensive R&D cycle. We are re-working how we calculate expected ship dates to avoid things like this happening in the future. We do care about your products getting to you on time and the presale process isn't perfect, but we have been taking steps to make it better so everyone can have a better experience.

As for the design quality, we take care in our craftsmanship to ensure that what you are getting is top quality. This piece has been thoroughly tested and I assure you that there will be no issues with installing it. Before we put anything on the market, we go through a period of testing and analysis before we deem it ready for the public.

For those of you who have already placed a presale order, you will be receiving an email shortly to get some information so we can send you some Mishimoto goodies as an apology for the delay. Keep an eye for your emails!

At least two members now with the 16 intake system are throwing codes. The adaptor sure seems to be a possible question mark since it is the same piece. I hope Mishimito jumps in here and reports what the issue could be. I have a hard time believing the complete intake throws codes for evap but the intake tube alone won't have any issues.

I'm actually quite pleased with Mishimoto. The free T shirt was a nice touch to apologize for the delay, but the huge discount on a future purchase is fantastic! I was going to buy their oil cooler anyway, but with the discount, it'll make the induction hose pretty much free! And it's already shipped with an ETA of Thursday. :)

Bluedrank

It figures that after I cancel my order due to their lack of communication that they start shipping them out along with discounts lol. I'm happy they made things right with you guys at least. Making it up to the customers that waited so long for the product does earn some points in my book.

I'm sure if you messaged them, they would reinstate your order.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

Ford Community Posts