Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 Shadow Black DD/Track/AutoX/Porschereplacement build!

Hey guys,

Bought my 2016 Fiesta ST a few months ago. Currently have 4,000 miles on it and it is time for the modifications. Only real option is the Recaro package in smokestorm. Just sold my 996 turbo, so I will be looking to use this as a dd, and a replacement for a weekend drive car. I brought it to my first track day at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA about a month ago and I am hooked. Already signed up to attend Octane Academy in October.

Just ordered the following parts (should be here this week)

-Cobb AP V3
-Cobb RMM
-Cobb Filter
-Mountune front splitter
-Mountune quick shift kit
-Mountune shift knob
-Cobb catback exhaust

I will be picking up new wheels, suspension parts (coilovers most likely), and brakes early next year for the season. I will post pictures soon!

meFiSTo

Enjoy! Well, it'll be a lot cheaper to maintain as a track car than a 996 I suspect, but still, it's not a cheap addiction. Have fun! See you at The Ridge maybe.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
should have bought a IC instead of exhaust for track duty.

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
r
should have bought a IC instead of exhaust for track duty.
Which you will figure out fast when the AP logs CAT.
Wont be running any track days for the remainder of the year. I will be doing the necessary upgrades for the track before next season. Just wanted to make it a bit more fun on my everyday drive for now!
I'm guessing CAT means Charge Air Temp?

OP
E
Thread Starter #6
First parts showed up. Hated the stock shift knob, so I went with a simple black Mountune knob. Also just installed the quick shift kit from Mountune. What a pain in the ass if your hands are larger than a 5 year old girls. I will say, it does feel much more solid, and slightly shorter. Definitely a good upgrade for the price.

https://postimage.org/

OP
E
Thread Starter #7
Enjoy! Well, it'll be a lot cheaper to maintain as a track car than a 996 I suspect, but still, it's not a cheap addiction. Have fun! See you at The Ridge maybe.
Considering the x-pipe I wanted to run on the 996 was about 3k, I am feeling pretty good so far haha. I'd love to make it out there. Might not be this year though, I have a crazy busy rest of the summer.

Siestarider

r

Wont be running any track days for the remainder of the year. I will be doing the necessary upgrades for the track before next season. Just wanted to make it a bit more fun on my everyday drive for now!
I'm guessing CAT means Charge Air Temp?
It will not be a Porsche, but for sheer fun, really hard to beat by anything regardless of price. Part of the charm is that if you total it tracking by being really unlucky, its a relatively safe small car and it can be replaced for reasonable $.

Takes a few grand to really be track friendly, but worth it for the fun.

Yes, CAT= charge air temp. Never had a turbo car myself until now, already using arcane anagrams without even recognizing it.

OP
E
Thread Starter #9
It will not be a Porsche, but for sheer fun, really hard to beat by anything regardless of price. Part of the charm is that if you total it tracking by being really unlucky, its a relatively safe small car and it can be replaced for reasonable $.

Takes a few grand to really be track friendly, but worth it for the fun.

Yes, CAT= charge air temp. Never had a turbo car myself until now, already using arcane anagrams without even recognizing it.
Agreed. To be honest, I had just as much fun driving the Fiesta as I did the 996tt when I had it. Pretty amazing little car.