Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Optimizing Spare Tire Space

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I like your style lol.

Hahah good stuff,are all you guys riding without your spare? I just can't do it being that I commute a lot (mon-fri) on the garden state parkway and jersey turnpike doing 80mph with debri all over the road from trucks and who knows what.

-ry

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Now all you need is a mounting bracket to make it a permanent mod hehe

So is the reason for the larger ST spare tire (over the standard Fiesta) because of the larger brakes? I'm wondering if the compact spare (non ST) would fit on the rear of the ST? If so, seems like if you got a flat on the front you could jack up one side, move the good 17" rear to the front and put the compact spare on the rear. Just thinking of ways to maximize the space back there by running a non-ST compact spare.

Also thinking that one could make a custom fiberglass/carbon fiber tray that form-fits over the standard ST spare. Maybe some 1/2" foam or rubber adhered to the bottom and auto carpet on top.