Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2019 fiesta St full sound system install

Hey guys, this is my first post. Hope it'll help you guys out of you're considering putting a sound system in your fiesta. Any questions please feel free to ask.

I've owned my fiesta for about 2 months now and I love it. But as a chick who loves cool cars and audio system, I knew that eventually I was gonna strip the old sound system and redo everything. The only problem was having to sorta go in blind. The forums did help steer me in the right direction though which I'm thankful for.

Here's what I put in my fiesta:
Alpine component speakers for the front and rear doors
Two 10 inch kicker comp subwoofers that came in a closed box
Alpine mono block for the subs
Alpine mini 4 channel for the door speakers
Lc7i for the signal to the amps

I apologize for not taking pictures along the way. I totally forgot because this was a very long project took about 12 hours. Could've been done quicker but I can only work so fast ๐Ÿ˜ There will be a picture of the setup below though.

Speaker wires for all four doors:
Lf speaker: +Beige
-beige Brown stripe

Left Tweeter: +Green Brown stripe
-grey Orange stripe

Rf speaker: +pink purple stripe
-pink orange stripe

Right Tweeter +Purple orange stripe
-yellow orange stripe

RR speaker +Brown Yellow stripe
-Brown blue stripe

LR speaker +beige with green stripe
-Brown with yellow

For the signal to the Lc7i I just spliced into the door speaker wires. I was going to run it from the back of the radio with a 9 wire but there's so many wires that are together it would've made it very difficult. I also didn't want to damage the radio harness and cut a wrong one considering how much stuff it controls.

Lc7i channel 1 Front speaker signal
Channel 2 rear speaker signal
Channel 3 no wires

The alpine mini Amp came with a harness that has rca inputs and has speaker wire out puts. The rcas are also color coded so they plug in straight to the lc7i to the corresponding channels.

So I ran the signal wire from the sliced speaker wire to the lc7i then I ran another set of wires to the output wires on the 4 channel amp to power the alpine components. So basically it's 2 sets of wire per door.

Mounted the speakers with adapters the speakers came with. There will be a gap between the original opening and the aftermarket speaker bracket so I advise you to add sound dampening to the doors.

I didnt have to really worry about the remote wire because the lc7i comes with a remote output which runs both amps.

The mini amp and lc7i piggy back off the ground and 12 volt from the mono block because the wires were shorter and very small gauge.

For the components in the backseat you will have to drill out a hole big enough to mount whatever tweeters you choose to install since there wasn't an existing spot. For the front tweeters you can just use the oem tweeter location.

I still need to organize the wires but the system works perfectly so I'm happy. Thanks.

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
................... as a chick who loves cool cars and audio system, .............
Are you married? (/joking)

Welcome to the community and, nice way to start off. It took awhile (spend most of the time on the m'cycle) but I eventually did a basic install with mine... just moving everything but the head unit, front+rear Alpine speakers from my prior vehicle. The 600 RMS Alpine mono has a built in speaker-level input that I took advantage of for the Fiesta head unit.

Prior to then I had been running this setup via line-in inputs to the amp from the Alpine head unit. What I found with the current setup, is the Forny head unit just doesn't have near enough output to take advantage of the power matched 600 RMS amp and sub. But I anticipated that the limitation would be the head unit, and is why I didn't bother swapping out the speakers. Unfortunately it doesn't have a line-out or sub-out. Given how well the head units are integrated now, basically precluding the possibility of swap-out, the basic existance of a line/sub-out should be standard. Someone had posted about one of the non-ST trim levels that had a sub in it. It probably uses speaker level input also(?).

HBEcoBeaST

Nice set up! I'm running an lc7i as well but paired with a more budget pioneer system. I found putting just a little sound deadening behind the speakers drastically improved sound.

Surprised you went with components in the rear. I've been considering ditching my rear speakers and bridging my amp to some new high end front components.

OP
carlina_st
Thread Starter #7
Now all you need to do is have a road trip here and put In my system . Mines also a 19 and. I'm not good with prying tools I have a tendency to break things by accident.
Same ๐Ÿ˜‚ if I don't break something there's definitely a screw that was lost at least haha

OP
carlina_st
Thread Starter #8
Nice set up! I'm running an lc7i as well but paired with a more budget pioneer system. I found putting just a little sound deadening behind the speakers drastically improved sound.

Surprised you went with components in the rear. I've been considering ditching my rear speakers and bridging my amp to some new high end front components.
I've always wanted to do a back seat component install. I really like them and the fiesta was a perfect opportunity you try it. As long as you aren't scared to put a hole in the panel ๐Ÿ˜œ

OP
carlina_st
Thread Starter #9
Are you married? (/joking)

Welcome to the community and, nice way to start off. It took awhile (spend most of the time on the m'cycle) but I eventually did a basic install with mine... just moving everything but the head unit, front+rear Alpine speakers from my prior vehicle. The 600 RMS Alpine mono has a built in speaker-level input that I took advantage of for the Fiesta head unit.

Prior to then I had been running this setup via line-in inputs to the amp from the Alpine head unit. What I found with the current setup, is the Forny head unit just doesn't have near enough output to take advantage of the power matched 600 RMS amp and sub. But I anticipated that the limitation would be the head unit, and is why I didn't bother swapping out the speakers. Unfortunately it doesn't have a line-out or sub-out. Given how well the head units are integrated now, basically precluding the possibility of swap-out, the basic existance of a line/sub-out should be standard. Someone had posted about one of the non-ST trim levels that had a sub in it. It probably uses speaker level input also(?).
I was considering doing a line converter too but I wanted to do the speakers too and I always run my speakers to an amp. That's why I went this route instead. Definitely the longest system Inst I've ever done though

What alpine components did you go with, model number? I was putting together a list and have always used alpine in the past and was unsure about the 6.5" fitting in ours. Did you have to do any door modifications?

Hey howโ€™s does your sub sound. I just about finished my install and my sub seems very inconsistent with certain songs and sometimes it feels like it wonโ€™t come on at all. But certain songs it will come on very strong. Is there some jumper I could have messed up or why it isnโ€™t playing with all the songs ? Could it just be the Lc7i itself ? Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It takes you to a folder containing wave files. (there are WMA conversions) The name of the file identifies it's low/high and rate of change between low/high. You can use these to make sure that these frequencies are at least close, in audibility; repeatedly tweaking volume and EQ adjustments as needed. Eventually you might be able to arrive at a more balanced sound output.

It takes you to a folder containing wave files. (there are WMA conversions) The name of the file identifies it's low/high and rate of change between low/high. You can use these to make sure that these frequencies are at least close, in audibility; repeatedly tweaking volume and EQ adjustments as needed. Eventually you might be able to arrive at a more balanced sound output.
Thank you I will let you know how it goes

What is your ideal location for the remote ?