Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2019 ST Line

Driving through the parking lot at my local Ford dealer yesterday, I came across a 2019 ST Line Fiesta. We have heard about this trim level which includes a bunch of the sporty ST body parts, but not the engine or drivetrain. This one actually had an optional automatic transmission. I must say it looked really good with a black painted roof, spoiler and mirrors with a white body. The wheels also looked great. But many of us paid less for our STs than this thing costs. I was surprised to see it this late in the life cycle.

Nopes. I paid 17k for my 2018 ST..... So with the performance not just the looks. The only thing I wish my car had is the recaros

D

Ducky

Speaking from experience as someone who experimented with making their 1.0L look as much like a FiST as possible, there's no reason to get one of these. The ST wing is given away if you can find it, or do what I did and buy NOS from its time as a 11-13 styling accessory. The front clip isn't hard to source and fits a base model just fine, the problem is finding one for a decent price in your color locally because shipping is prohibitive.

Buy a bumper insert with the valance and the canards next to the wheel wells out back, and bam, you're an ST back there too.

ST takeoff wheels are absolutely DUMPED. People basically give the things away.

The Recaros were hard to source, but hey, I'm selling mine ;)

Past all that, what is this? A badge? Who cares.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Speaking from experience as someone who experimented with making their 1.0L look as much like a FiST as possible, there's no reason to get one of these. The ST wing is given away if you can find it, or do what I did and buy NOS from its time as a 11-13 styling accessory. The front clip isn't hard to source and fits a base model just fine, the problem is finding one for a decent price in your color locally because shipping is prohibitive.

Buy a bumper insert with the valance and the canards next to the wheel wells out back, and bam, you're an ST back there too.

ST takeoff wheels are absolutely DUMPED. People basically give the things away.

The Recaros were hard to source, but hey, I'm selling mine ;)

Past all that, what is this? A badge? Who cares.
There are suspension differences as well. Different control arms up front. Different twist beam in the rear. Etc..

D

Ducky

There are suspension differences as well. Different control arms up front. Different twist beam in the rear. Etc..
Sure, but I don't think the ST-Line got those either, which is my point. It's cheaper to build an ST-Line than it ever would be to buy one, plus it'd be faster if you started with an sFe.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sure, but I don't think the ST-Line got those either, which is my point. It's cheaper to build an ST-Line than it ever would be to buy one, plus it'd be faster if you started with an sFe.
Oh I agree with you on that the SFe is an interesting vehicle. They got 250hp out of it in the UK by strapping on a larger Turbo. I almost picked one up last year for around 9k had low mileage and was at a dealer.
I am too busy with my ST now and want to get another S30 Z anyways.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If you check out the ST Line up close you will find that it is a standard Fiesta SE with only the ST appearance package.
All of the drive train, suspension, and brakes are just a Fiesta SE.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I like the black mirrors, roof, and wing as contrast to the body color, the red contrast stitching on the interior, and I think the wheels are okay I guess. I wish the ST came with 16-inch wheels as standard.

I owned a 2012 1.6l NA Fiesta S with a 5-speed manual, and it was a decent and reliable, if unexciting daily commuter. I have no first-hand experience with the autos the Fiestas have come with, but I have not heard good things in regards to either performance or reliability.

That said, I'm mildly perplexed by this as a send-off to the Fiesta in the US, but then I remember appearance packages on other cars such as Mercedes and it makes a little more sense, I guess.

The most offensive thing to me is the additional piano black on the center console around the shifter and HVAC controls. Quelle horreur!
Its just following up by what they did in Europe as they also did a ST line on the outgoing year of the MK7.5 there. Which is our car. So par for the course to get rid of extra ST body parts. Since they moved on to the MK8 over there and discontinued the whole line here.

Last edited:

jasong213

Hows the ride in one of these? As I've heard the ride can be quite harsh in the ST. I'm in London and we have plenty of potholes and speed bumps to contend with.

I guess the only other positive with these would be that they will be cheaper to insure and probably higher mpg.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hows the ride in one of these? As I've heard the ride can be quite harsh in the ST. I'm in London and we have plenty of potholes and speed bumps to contend with.

I guess the only other positive with these would be that they will be cheaper to insure and probably higher mpg.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
They are total dumpster fires.....If you wanna be that guy when your friends find out that its actually not a real FiST.....By all means go for it. But if you were my friend id rip on you every opportunity given...Its like taking that Cornfed wookie home from the Local pub and all your friends seeing you do it.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I saw some college girls driving in one just like that. It's a great car if the buyer isnt wanting any real performance.
This. Some people just want a cool looking car. They don't want a manual and they don't care if it's fast.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This crap Tarnishes the FiST image with its weak portrayal of a True hot hatch. A lot of manufacturers do this garbage to make people feel special and this is due to the I deserve a trophy era mentality. Pure trash.....that's what it will always be as I tell them they are #1 out the sunroof as I pass their slow ass in the fast lane going 15MPH under the actual speed limit. Then they have the nerve to look at you as you drive by like they aren't doing anything wrong! Fu$k that noise!

I was just at the dealership Monday, and we were looking at inventory. Both myself and the salesman confused as to ā€œST Lineā€ at 16k???
Then we found out what it is.
We both had a great laugh! We figured itā€™s a way for Ford to get rid of extra ST parts while they kill the Fiesta?