Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

205/45R17 General G-Max RS Anyone?

I completely agree with Mattkosem. The Flevas are worth the money no doubt. They're actually a little more comfortable too I think. But at the expense of response(sidewalls seem softer). I do mess around when it rains and when I can get the rear to slide a little it's slow and predictable. I'll say that after being surprised by more expensive tires.. I was more surprised that the Flevas and GMaxRS's were right there with 'em at $50-$70 cheaper per tire. I'll say that in third place the all season GMAX AS-05 blew my mind.. the grip in crappy conditions and hydroplane resistance was pretty crazy. and if GMaxRS's were 80 score of grip and Fleva's 79 point score, the AS-05's would be a solid 75. It's so good. The steering feel with that tire is awesome. I would get rid of them at about 20% tread remaining tho. Just to make sure it's safe in a bad downpour.

McCoy2991

Just wanted to share my driving experience for the past couple days on the General GMax RS at 215/45/17 on a set of Team Dynamics Imola wheels. Knowing I’m losing steering response but gaining some wheel protection and pronounced body roll with the taller tire it’s been awesome in dry and wet conditions. It hooks and books around corners and the grip has been fantastic for what the tire has been through. 9AEFF252-6651-4FE0-9F74-7E0FAAD12B4F.jpeg

I’ve been on G-Max A/S 205/50/16s for a bit now. The car is my daily commuter. I don’t track the car just spirited driving at times. I’m very happy with the tires given the price point. Everything is relative.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^Those look much lower profile than /45s, but maybe that's because I have not had my 215/40-17s on my car for sooo long that I forgot just how 'rubber-band-like' those appear. [wink]

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’ve been on G-Max A/S 205/50/16s for a bit now. The car is my daily commuter. I don’t track the car just spirited driving at times. I’m very happy with the tires given the price point. Everything is relative.
I was actually considering the AS-05s in a 205/45-16 for my next daily driver set on the Dekas, once the 205/50-16 Neo Gens are toast.
The only drawback to me is that they are not XL load rated, like both sizes of the Nittos are. [:(]

I was actually considering the AS-05s in a 205/45-16 for my next daily driver set on the Dekas, once the 205/50-16 Neo Gens are toast.
The only drawback to me is that they are not XL load rated, like both sizes of the Nittos are. [:(]
The AS-05's are waayy better man! You'll love them! Run them at higher psi! 38-39psi square summer and 41psi in the winter. (These are HOT psi rates. Cold will be about 3psi less in the summer and about 2 less in the winter)