Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

205/45R17 on Stock Wheels

Have an opportunity to get some Yokohama Avid Envigor's (205/45R17) for a great price. First off, will these tires fit on my Fiesta ST with stock rims and suspension without rubbing? I don't plan on lowering the car at any point. I just want to know if they will fit without rubbing. Secondly, any idea how much of a performance downgrade these will be compared to stock tire size? Thanks!

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
You may have slight rubbing of the liners at full compression of the suspension. My 215/45r17's rubbed that way on stock struts but they are slightly larger than what you propose. I use this size for autocross and notice no loss in performance.

pixelzombie

You may have slight rubbing of the liners at full compression of the suspension. My 215/45r17's rubbed that way on stock struts but they are slightly larger than what you propose. I use this size for autocross and notice no loss in performance.
Was there any improvement in ride comfort?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
This setup is for autocross so I cannot comment about it specifically. I have a set of 15's that I use during the winter and the extra sidewall is more comfortable.