Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3 tips for successful modding (vid)

jeff

2000 Post Club
I think all the comments on my YouTube channel lately pushed me to make this video...comments like

"...need mur content bruh..."

and

"...is it faster then a Mustange?..."

and etc......

I've enjoyed documenting my build on YouTube and have been surprised at the number of subscribers and watches and comments...but lately there's an awful lot of folks chasing numbers and likes instead of satisfaction and creative expression. Anyway....was cleaning my car today and ended up sharing some spontaneous thoughts on the subject.

If this keeps one 21 year old out of credit debt I'll be very satisfied.

View: https://youtu.be/8rwcacynZgM

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I went crazy on my mazdaspeed 3. Ended up regretting it, and lost a lot of money when I handed it over to an unprofessional engine builder.

I still haven't made it past an accessport and a tune on this car. I guess I'm not swimming in money like I was before (I didn't have kids then). I'm still wanting for more power, but the craziness this and last year has been so far it's just not even a priority. My original plan was to buy a Mustang GT and tune it for ethanol. I'm glad I didn't even do that because the payment and insurance would have forced me into keeping a good paying job that I did not enjoy.

I'm of the mindset now that I'm not interested in making more power than the car can make on a stock motor. I've seen a lot of guys say they'll drive it until it blows and then they'll rebuild it so that it will be "more reliable than stock". More often than not, it is anything but more reliable than stock.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Good Video. I agree definitely do not go into debt for vehicle mods.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

pixelzombie

I think all the comments on my YouTube channel lately pushed me to make this video...comments like

"...need mur content bruh..."

and

"...is it faster then a Mustange?..."

and etc......

I've enjoyed documenting my build on YouTube and have been surprised at the number of subscribers and watches and comments...but lately there's an awful lot of folks chasing numbers and likes instead of satisfaction and creative expression. Anyway....was cleaning my car today and ended up sharing some spontaneous thoughts on the subject.

If this keeps one 21 year old out of credit debt I'll be very satisfied.

View: https://youtu.be/8rwcacynZgM
I need to move there, as we are currently up to our waist in snow.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've seen a lot of guys say they'll drive it until it blows and then they'll rebuild it so that it will be "more reliable than stock". More often than not, it is anything but more reliable than stock.
It does seem to become a vicious cycle kind of thing, since once the engine is fully built/forged/whatever, top to bottom, with the most premium of internals, and 'fully fueled' with all of the ancillaries, then the temptation to push it that much further becomes just too overwhelming to most.

i.e.; "Well, now that I am indestructible, let's push the boost up to 38+ PSI, and increase the timing those extra 4*, maybe lean it out a tiny bit. 550 to the wheels out of a 1.6 liter, piece of cake!".
BOOM, there goes about $12K+ right down the crapper. [:(]

I DO admire those who have the coin, and are willing to test and push said boundaries, but I will never be able to even think about that, and I want to hold onto this car for as long as fossil fuels are still available, or I am no longer of this earth, whichever comes last. LOL

But let's face it, NOTHING is bombproof if pushed far enough, no, not even the much deified, 'god-like' 2JZGTE, which even when fully built, STILL has it's limits, albeit very high ones. [wink]

Last edited: