Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

300+ WHP Fiesta ST

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So not trying to argue here, but we done some test of our own and show consistently that Vdyno is off by as much as 30hp as compared to a real dyno. So based on your vdyno logs, that puts you clearly under 300. We did out test recording vdyno as the same time we were on the dyno. And No one has even come close.
Unless you went out to a nice road and tested after the dyno your test was flawed for the simple reason of loading. Loading is different for on road and dyno which is why tuners typically will verify the tune on the road after a dyno and make adjustments if necessary. When I was stock turbo, FBO on 93, my vdyno and dyno were 5-10whp difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
You're also talking about a wildly different turbo than a hybrid or something smaller (and more useable) than a 2867.... I'm on watermeth / 93 and an S280 hitting 280whp on a v-dyno. The only reason I'm using a v-dyno is to compare to my previous ones (~260whp on 93 alone). 50/50 provided the 20whp.
More useable...as in blow your tires off and have to limit your boost in gear because you have no traction useable? And we both end up making similar power rowing through the gears except I have a better top end...?

Regardless of that, have I not addressed the OPs question? I’m not bound to speak only of hybrids or turbos smaller than a 2867.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
More useable...as in blow your tires off and have to limit your boost in gear because you have no traction useable? And we both end up making similar power rowing through the gears except I have a better top end...?

Regardless of that, have I not addressed the OPs question? I’m not bound to speak only of hybrids or turbos smaller than a 2867.

I have to disagree, I don't have any issues with traction and my S280. Not every tuner is going to tune the same way, and that plays a huuuuge part in how the car behaves. The 2867 is a great choice, for long open roads. Not such a great choice for anything else IMO. A friend of mine is parting out his 2867 kit (because the turbo went) but he always regretted switching from an X37 to that, he missed the low end, and hated how long it took to spool up. Sure he'd catch back up, but he also had 4 port aux running full e85 making 150 more whp than I did haha. I always thought of the 2867 as a "1/2 mile record turbo".

If you want to make 300whp to make 300whp it'll work, but if you want to retain some of the punchy-ness of the car, and have a more mid-to-high powerband vs all top end I don't think its the best choice. Again my opinion. Not saying you are wrong :)

OP
R
Thread Starter #24
So, I havent been on here in a while, but after more research, I think I am going to do an E30 tune as I have 91 octane and e85 almost everywhere near me. Now, I've heard that just running an E30 tune can get anywhere from 75-150+ WHP? Is that correct? I do have an upgraded intercooler, exhaust and have a cobb accessport already as well as a couple other mods. So, now that my plan is to be running E30 tune and these other mods, is that enough to push 300+ WHP? Or, should I still go with an upgraded turbo? If so, what would be a great turbo to use? Keep in mind that I am in Minnesota so temp and elevation isnt exactly an issue.

So not trying to argue here, but we done some test of our own and show consistently that Vdyno is off by as much as 30hp as compared to a real dyno. So based on your vdyno logs, that puts you clearly under 300. We did out test recording vdyno as the same time we were on the dyno. And No one has even come close.
Eu model (stealthwerx) x47r on stock eu fuel with st200 intake and 27°c temp FB_IMG_1597314855928.jpg

wetwea33

Eu model (stealthwerx) x47r on stock eu fuel with st200 intake and 27°c temp View attachment 33621
With pump gas you will be able to stretch the stock fuel system quite a bit further then with ethanol. EU pump gas is much better then the pump gas in the us, even better then its stated on paper.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

With pump gas you will be able to stretch the stock fuel system quite a bit further then with ethanol. EU pump gas is much better then the pump gas in the us, even better then its stated on paper.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I know about better fuel, but we dont have ethanol here, however still nice achivement with x47r and st200 airbox, on such a hot day, he have newest maxd revision (custom for him and i think his customers) for this turbo, and it seems work realy well, his car have 93k miles