Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Winter Tire Pressures

I just installed a set of SES rims with Conti DWS 195/50x16s on the ST for cold weather driving. For those of you with cold weather/winter tire combos, what pressures are you running?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
What is listed on the tire and where ya driving ? softer tires grip better in the snow and harder tires get better MPG on dry roads ..

OP
CarefreeAZ
Thread Starter #3
What is listed on the tire and where ya driving ? softer tires grip better in the snow and harder tires get better MPG on dry roads ..
The Contis are 195/50-Z16 (W rated) with a 51 psi Max but 39/36 might be a bit much, although I'm unless I'm driving up to see you, it's all Metro Milwaukee or I-94 to Madison cold weather driving. Use the AWD Freestyle for snow conditions.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
LOL such a flirt You are :)
ya start a lil lower and keep a eye on them over winter :) be good to go.. not going west ?

OP
CarefreeAZ
Thread Starter #5
LOL such a flirt You are :)
ya start a lil lower and keep a eye on them over winter :) be good to go.. not going west ?
I will probably go down after the first of the year. Tempted to take a detour to SoCal for some upgrades. Regarding tire pressures, we'll start high and go down from there.