Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

4 Less cylinders, but I'm still impressed.

Hello all,

Figured I'd join a Fiesta forum to find out what this ST is all about. Finally traded in the 2001 Mustang Cobra I've had for the last 5 years after it threw a rod for no apparent reason at all. Ended up picking up a 14' Fiesta ST in Ingot Silver. Never thought a 4 banger could be as much fun as this car, but after watching Matt Farrah's review of it compared to an older M3, and Richard Hammond reviewing it on Top Gear, I figured it was good enough for me. Plus it will be much more friendly on my gas bill for my 60 mile commute to work.

The Mustang saddled up and headed to the dealership. A tear was almost shed. It had been a great car.

And the new Fiesta shortly after picking it up:

Didn't let the dealership touch it for detailing, since I used to run a detailing service and handle all that myself. Hopefully this weekend it will get a light polish and several coats of sealant.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thats a good looking stang. Congratulations and welcome to the 4 banger club.[lovest]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
How much value did you get for the trade in?

Great color choice and welcome aboard.

Welcome man,sure is a great car. You'll love it. Grab a Cobb AP to get that power up and you'll be even more in love.

-ry

Welcome and congrats. I 2nd the AP comment. It will be the best $500 you will spend on your car.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
How much value did you get for the trade in?

Great color choice and welcome aboard.
They gave me $4k for the Mustang, which I thought was not bad at all for a 14 year old car with a blown motor. lol

Welcome man,sure is a great car. You'll love it. Grab a Cobb AP to get that power up and you'll be even more in love.

-ry
Does the Ford dealer know if you've put the tune on it? Main reason I went new is for the warranty.

Yes,it takes 5-10 min tops to uninstall the tune. There is nothing that will come and tell your ford dealer "this car has been tuned" as long as you uninstall the AP from the car. If you want more performance(who doesn't) it's so worth it. Right now it gives you the most bang for your buck and probably always will be.

-ry

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Yes,it takes 5-10 min tops to uninstall the tune. There is nothing that will come and tell your ford dealer "this car has been tuned" as long as you uninstall the AP from the car. If you want more performance(who doesn't) it's so worth it. Right now it gives you the most bang for your buck and probably always will be.

-ry
I really hope this statement holds water. I recently had a friend go in for clutch work on his wrx, they denied his warranty because the ECU had been flashed.

The wrx's are notorious or Subaru for that matter for knowing that their cars had a tune. It's been talked about for years now over on Vwvortex,something Subaru has in there cars that tell them. With ford it's different.

-ry

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
The wrx's are notorious or Subaru for that matter for knowing that their cars had a tune. It's been talked about for years now over on Vwvortex,something Subaru has in there cars that tell them. With ford it's different.

-ry
Well, fingers crossed.
I wonder if anyone who has an AP has gone in for warranty work yet?

Yea I'm curious as well,but I wouldn't think Cobb would say this unless it was true. That wouldn't be cool at all,and would make me never buy a product from them again.

Edit: I think "MoFiesta" has the AP and is getting a new tranny already on warranty,so we should ask him if he did the uninstall before bringing it there and what happened....
-ry

OP
S
Thread Starter #16
Yeah that's why I was asking. A friend of mine with a '12 Mustang GT went in because his transmission was grinding into second and they gave him crap about the tune. They ultimately did the work, but told him that it wouldn't be covered again if he tuned it again.

This was with an SCT tuner and a Bama tune though.