Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

411 Fiesta with sunroof

jeff

2000 Post Club
I have always wondered why the sunroof only retracts 80% of the way when you press the "auto retract" button. Sometimes I open it the final few inches for max sky effect. The other day I noticed that the air deflector that comes up when the sunroof is open was off its hinge on one side. I carefully re-installed it before closing the sunroof. It would have been very bad if I hadn't noticed and tried to close it, it would have bent the deflector most likely. Good thing I saw it.

Anyway I think that the reason it only auto retracts 80% of the way is because of the deflector, if you open it all the way you run the risk of it popping off which could lead to further problems.

So if you have a sunroof I recommend not opening it all the way and just letting it stop where the car stops it.

Hope this helps and saves a few of us from possibly damaging the air reflect thing.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Interesting. I have only opened mine once or twice since I've owned the car. I am going to play with mine after work to see if it exhibits similar behavior. (I totally would have purchased a sunroofless car if I could have found one that checked all the other boxes at the time)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Interesting. I have only opened mine once or twice since I've owned the car. I am going to play with mine after work to see if it exhibits similar behavior. (I totally would have purchased a sunroofless car if I could have found one that checked all the other boxes at the time)
I've opened mine full extend 100 times or more in the last 4 years of ownership...this is the only time it's done this...but something to note.