Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

500 miles and seals leaking already

put my car on jacks and saw liquid ony my RMM traced it up and it seems to be comming from my axle seals? Anyone have any simliar issues?

my seal broke on my axles, and so did my motor mount. Ford covered it. I had to get new axles, and a mount.

OP
Tr1cycle
Thread Starter #3
just as i installed my bov adapter imma have to rip it off and take it to ford fml

put my car on jacks and saw liquid ony my RMM traced it up and it seems to be comming from my axle seals? Anyone have any simliar issues?
Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know. I'll be happy to check out some additional assistance. I'll need your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location via PM.

Meagan

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
They'd have to prove that the adapter is what caused the problem to refuse warranty service. It's unlikely that the adapter would cause axle seals to leak.
The same way they proved to me that my intercooler caused my CV axle to break when they refused to replace it?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'd say they're just making excuses and recommend you use a different dealer. Dealers can be shady sometimes, unfortunately it happens.
Time is a factor. And ford doesn't pay to tow your car from dealer to dealer to shop for a tech that isn't afraid of a fwd turbo fiesta that he's never heard of...

Just pointing out... If they see something stupid like a BOV spacer, and they deny repairs based on that, what are you going to do? Pay a tow truck $80 to tow it 20miles, for another ford tech to look at your VIN history and say, "they didn't touch it, I'm not gonna touch it", then what? Tow it again? All over a $10 seal and 45min of labor?

I think they SHOULD fix this issue. Just pointing out, playing it safe with these tech's that at Determined not to get stuck working on this unicorn is a good idea. And I'm not just talking about this axle seal, I mean anything. If your AC stops working, you may wanna put your stock lug nuts back on, because they may blame them, lol.

Time is a factor. And ford doesn't pay to tow your car from dealer to dealer to shop for a tech that isn't afraid of a fwd turbo fiesta that he's never heard of...

Just pointing out... If they see something stupid like a BOV spacer, and they deny repairs based on that, what are you going to do? Pay a tow truck $80 to tow it 20miles, for another ford tech to look at your VIN history and say, "they didn't touch it, I'm not gonna touch it", then what? Tow it again? All over a $10 seal and 45min of labor?

I think they SHOULD fix this issue. Just pointing out, playing it safe with these tech's that at Determined not to get stuck working on this unicorn is a good idea. And I'm not just talking about this axle seal, I mean anything. If your AC stops working, you may wanna put your stock lug nuts back on, because they may blame them, lol.
+1 , but whats a warranty if you can't use it?

Scottc

I pulled my car out of the garage Monday and noticed some oil on the cement floor and lifted the car and it wasn't from the filter or drain plug. Took it to the dealer today and I have a front axel seal leak! Car has only 5000 miles. Getting fixed on Friday under warranty