Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune and Ford Racing allow any certified installer to install MP parts without affecting warranty

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
http://fiestast.net/threads/mountune-mp-upgrade-installation-requirements-updated.2429/

"To take advantage of the Ford Performance / Mountune performance pack limited warranty, Mountune kits and parts must be installed at any Ford or Lincoln Dealer including Mountune USA. Additionally.. NOW you may also elect to have the products installed by any automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). There are literally thousands of ASE certified facilities in the USA so this should make it a great deal easier to enjoy the benefits of a Ford backed warranty. "

http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/warranty/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2015.pdf

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Darn,

Doesn't say anything about intercoolers.

Dave

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Darn,

Doesn't say anything about intercoolers.

Dave
As I see it, it only covers the parts that were previously listed as warranty friendly. And only changes that you can go to any certified mechanic instead of Ford Motor dealer. Still I have not see other car makers embracing the aftermarket quite like Ford lately.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I can't recall many automakers that haven't embraced the aftermarket community in a similar manner. Honda now has their HPD parts, Toyota has TRD, Chevrolet had/has Chevrolet Performance and COPO, Benz has AMG, Chrysler has Mopar, etc. Ford has always (as long as I can remember) had their FRPP warrantied performance parts as well.

Ford is definitely making a push to become known as a performance company again, but it really isn't doing much differently than their advertising and the adding of additional performance platforms. Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday has always been and held to be true, Ford is just getting back to making sure consumers are aware that they know it.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Dinan had a similar deal with BMW where any mods installed by dealers were backed by the factory warranty.
I can't recall many automakers that haven't embraced the aftermarket community in a similar manner. Honda now has their HPD parts, Toyota has TRD, Chevrolet had/has Chevrolet Performance and COPO, Benz has AMG, Chrysler has Mopar, etc. Ford has always (as long as I can remember) had their FRPP warrantied performance parts as well.

Ford is definitely making a push to become known as a performance company again, but it really isn't doing much differently than their advertising and the adding of additional performance platforms. Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday has always been and held to be true, Ford is just getting back to making sure consumers are aware that they know it.

Chris G

As I see it, it only covers the parts that were previously listed as warranty friendly. And only changes that you can go to any certified mechanic instead of Ford Motor dealer. Still I have not see other car makers embracing the aftermarket quite like Ford lately.
From the looks of it, the Mountune IC is listed as a warranty friendly item now. Not sure if that was the case before.

Mountune intercoolers have been Ford approved for a long time now. Pretty sure they have been since we launched this program.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Mountune intercoolers have been Ford approved for a long time now. Pretty sure they have been since we launched this program.
Thanks Randy.
Just trying to stay ahead of the warranty issues.
Not the only one but an important reason I chose a Mountune intercooler.

Dave

[MENTION=1539]FordServiceCA[/MENTION]; Can you confirm this also applies to Canadian cars and ASE certified mechanics? The release mentions "In the USA" as usually forgetting about Canada...

thanks,

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
[MENTION=1539]FordServiceCA[/MENTION]; Can you confirm this also applies to Canadian cars and ASE certified mechanics? The release mentions "In the USA" as usually forgetting about Canada...

thanks,
They usually figure that Canada is the 53rd state... LOL

thanks,
Hey blurred,

The Ford Performance Call Center would be best to address this for you. I recommend contacting them at (800) 367-3788.

Nick

Thanks Nick,

Spoke with them and can confirm that Canadian Red Seal mechanics are fine, does not require the U.S. based ASE certification.
The spirit of the warranty is that it is installed by a certified mechanic and not by the end user, that's about it!