Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

90% certain I am buying a Fiesta ST

10% wavering toward a 2015 or so Taurus SHO.

Fiesta makes more sense, Taurus is tempting.

Convince me to buy the ST

If I do what are the must have options and what are the meh ones?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I didn't like the Recaros. Other people love them. Try both.
The other options are nav, which you don't really need if you have carplay, but it's nice. My nav found an address that carplay couldn't. TBF, my carplay found an address the nav couldn't. Yay, redundancy!
Wheel and caliper colors. I like the black and red with metallic. Looks good with all 4 available colors, but it's cosmetic. If you're planning on getting other wheels, skip it.
I love my sunroof. More competition-oriented drivers don't want it.

The FiST is small, raw and sporty. The SHO is big, fast and comfortable. Burns more gas, too.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just get one with EVERY option....I did. There are things I Don't like and things I do...But when they are used I am thankful VS. not having them and wishing I did. A good example...Is the Recaro seats....I've driven from Minneapolis MN to Key west FL with them and can say They are perfectly fine for Long hauls. Get some Winter tires also...The A/s tires they send on the FiST ae mediocre at most...I drove 2 seasons on A/s tires and found a Winter setup for cheap and will never go back! This is by FAR the BEST/ ENTERTAINING car I HAVE EVER OWNED. It puts a smile on my face ever time! Plus its easier on Gas that SHO is that for dam sure! Good luck! maybe we will see you around!

OP
P
Thread Starter #8
I like small cars, the attraction of the Taurus is the serious power upgrade and all wheel drive in the winter. But I dont want a fairly complicated 5 year old car that I will have to worry about so I am passing on it.
I have had a couple fun small cars over the years. I had a 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged that I did a bunch of mods on to get up to about 300hp. I also had a 2013 Fiat Abarth that was a very fun car to drive and the best sounding car I have drove by a long shot (although the cobalt supercharger whine was awesome)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you liked your Abarth, you'll love the FiST.

The stock exhaust is quiet. That's why the sound symposer is there.

More exhaust sound is easily attainable. The aftermarket for this car is insane, not because of Americans, but because this car is wildly popular in the rest of the world.

Last edited:
OP
P
Thread Starter #11
my lease is not up until december, my friend who works at the dealership says august is the soonest I can get out of the lease without it costing me a bunch. Hopefully they will still have the incentives listed on fords website then.

welcome. I think you need to decide if you want a small car or a large one. I have a fiesta st and corvette. when I haven't driven the vette in a while I get in and think it's way too big and too heavy until I get used to it again.