Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

91 Non Ethanol Fuel - Poor Performance

Ok lots of stuff misinformation flying in this thread. There is nothing wrong with Standard 91 pump . I run a tuned s280 on it that puts out 284whp and 284 wtq those are not shabby numbers and I seriously doubt my timing is pulled back. I am not sure if it’s your tuner or something is not right if you are getting knock.
If anything it sounds like your tuner advances the shit out of your timing to begin with. That or you are getting shit gas from a station that has water condensation in the tanks. Which means they are not getting a lot of business or pumping the gas out to customers all the time or both.

I will add most pump 91 actually has up to 10% ethanol in it as refiners know its way to stretch the refine quantity. In fact they will quite often put small stickers on the pumps saying that has 10% ethanol. You do not need to worry about being tuned for that either.

Your 91 tune will function just fine in fact a lot of the local guys here have thrown a gallon of e85 in on a full tank with their pump gas tunes so the engines will run cooler in the canyons on warm 90+ days again it’s not enough to warrant being tuned for it.

Plus it burns a little cleaner as well. So ya you can run a S280 with pump 91 and have be fast as hell. You should get a E30 specific tune to run E30 though .My S280 with E30 just gets stupid and pushes 300whp and 340wtq with a base tune for E30. It’s almost too crazy for street use unless you live in the land of nothing but long straightaways.
I’d be curious to know exactly where the “misinformation” is? The thread has actually been pretty clean and, except for your erroneous assertion that the car wouldn’t be pulling timing on 0% ethanol versus 10% ethanol, I don’t think you said anything that contradicts the rest of us.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Ok lots of stuff misinformation flying in this thread. There is nothing wrong with Standard 91 pump . I run a tuned s280 on it that puts out 284whp and 284 wtq those are not shabby numbers and I seriously doubt my timing is pulled back. I am not sure if it’s your tuner or something is not right if you are getting knock.
If anything it sounds like your tuner advances the shit out of your timing to begin with. That or you are getting shit gas from a station that has water condensation in the tanks. Which means they are not getting a lot of business or pumping the gas out to customers all the time or both.

I will add most pump 91 actually has up to 10% ethanol in it as refiners know its way to stretch the refine quantity. In fact they will quite often put small stickers on the pumps saying that has 10% ethanol. You do not need to worry about being tuned for that either.

Your 91 tune will function just fine in fact a lot of the local guys here have thrown a gallon of e85 in on a full tank with their pump gas tunes so the engines will run cooler in the canyons on warm 90+ days again it’s not enough to warrant being tuned for it.

Plus it burns a little cleaner as well. So ya you can run a S280 with pump 91 and have be fast as hell. You should get a E30 specific tune to run E30 though .My S280 with E30 just gets stupid and pushes 300whp and 340wtq with a base tune for E30. It’s almost too crazy for street use unless you live in the land of nothing but long straightaways.
Ayo Dave. OP’s 91 has no ethanol which is why it seems to be problematic. Otherwise totally agree with what you said

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ayo Dave. OP’s 91 has no ethanol which is why it seems to be problematic. Otherwise totally agree with what you said
I before this have never heard of 91 with no ethanol causing a problem but of course I think at this point in time pretty much close to all 91 sold has some ethanol in it. Even if it’s not mentioned on the pump. Is the OP sure his fuel has ethanol in it? Just asking.

who is your tuner? I have an s280 setup as well on 91 but I am pulling timing pretty bad. My tuner takes weeks on end to get back to me. Over the course of 6 months have had nothing done to rectify it. I just want to drive my car and be able to punch it so I’m considering just paying for another tune from someone else that will get back to me in a timely manner.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
who is your tuner? I have an s280 setup as well on 91 but I am pulling timing pretty bad. My tuner takes weeks on end to get back to me. Over the course of 6 months have had nothing done to rectify it. I just want to drive my car and be able to punch it so I’m considering just paying for another tune from someone else that will get back to me in a timely manner.
Adam @tuneplus I have been tuned with him for a couple of years now. I was one of the last of the unlimited tunes package. He responds within one or two days on email. When I initially tuned it was base tune check my base wastegate pressure 14lbs or above and datalog and submit depending on when I submit during the week determined if I got a revision back within a day or two or the following week. All said and done I was tuned completely within three weeks with a revision a week. Oh and ya 91 and the car is fast.