Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake/Clutch Fluid Check -

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Looking at the overall system the fluid is held in a secondary res then fed to your clutch master cyl from the Brake Res.

1 2140 Brake fluid master cylinder
2 2K478 Brake fluid filling reservoir
3 7A543 Clutch master cylinder
4 7519 Clutch pedal
5 7K502 Clutch reservoir hydraulic tube
6 7A564 Clutch slave cylinder
7 7A512 Clutch hydraulic tube

Given the diagram, you will see the reservoir fluid level go down as the brakes wear. Unless you see a leak or a rapid change in level, then I would not suspect a link between the fluid level and the noise.

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #4
My fluid has been slowly decreasing. The filling reservoir was half full when I got the car in 4 months ago. Just an observation. Thanks for the diagram.
The car is going to Ford for inspection tomorrow morning.

When I first start the car, the first 5 minutes of driving, the noise is minimal. After a hard acceleration and hard brake, the sound is worst.

I have even grinded a gear, with the clutch pedal fully depressed, or just slightly lifted off the floor. At times, it will not fully engage into gear, as if the clutch was not fully depressed, although it is.

Given your symptoms and no evidence of a fluid leak, the only components left in the system are the clutch and slave cylinders. If the seals fail internally, you can experience the symptoms described. I'm not sure of the volume of fluid that can be retained in these cylinders (to explain a lowered level in your reservoir), but a lack of clutch travel provides a good indication there might be a bad seal internally to either/both of the cylinders. Let us know what your dealer finds, Matt.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
IF I can find it in the Helms manual (not the easiest manual since there is no search function....)
I'll try to post it :)
Rep Always welcome tee hee ;)

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #9
Can you find a diagram for the shifting mechanisms? pretty please?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Cable attachment points

Selector sitting in Trans

Selector out of trans Inverted

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #13
Cables or the on tranny shift selector ??

Here is my gear selector when I did the mountune update..
This part, the selector. I will mention it to the tech at ford. The gears don't quiet align. In the first 500 miles, I was missing gears. Thought it was just me transitioning from a 9 speed Semi truck this little 6 speed. It was like the shifter was going in between gears, in the "nope, that's not it" spot. Felt like a soft bump, instead of finding the hole. Now it feels like the hole isn't wide enough, or its hitting the side of the hole.

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #14
The tech went for a ride with me. He said it sounds like gear clash. I was not able to replicate the other noise, as it only happens after the car has been driven.