Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A little extra E

Trader history for its_stock (0)

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Has anyone experimented with adding a few extra percent Ethanol in the tank during fill up?
I am finding my car is much happier at E35 than E30. Especially on hot AF AZ days.

Erick_V

I have his ECG and I see less corrections when running between E35-E40, plus it saves me a little money lol. I believe most tuners factor in +\-10% Eth content. I usually shoot for around E35, I’m in Texas so the heat is a killer here too.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
running a gallon of ethanol with a full tank on a regular tune will not hurt anything . It fact it will lead to less chances of knock . It’s especially good to do in areas of high heat.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I've done it, it's fine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just today I was in the area of the ONE E85 Wawa station within 50 miles of me, and I put about 2.25 gallons in a full tank of 93 E10 Sunoco, and it is fine even on a factory tune and snail.

Sadly, I guess because they know that they have the ONLY E85 in a 60 mile radius, the price has now gone up to $3.10 a gallon, almost twice what stations get for it in most mid western states, where it is plentiful, if not available at EVERY single pump. [mad]

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Just today I was in the area of the ONE E85 Wawa station within 50 miles of me, and I put about 2.25 gallons in a full tank of 93 E10 Sunoco, and it is fine even on a factory tune and snail.

Sadly, I guess because they know that they have the ONLY E85 in a 60 mile radius, the price has now gone up to $3.10 a gallon, almost twice what stations get for it in most mid western states, where it is plentiful, if not available at EVERY single pump. [mad]
E85 here in Texas is usually the cheapest fuel.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Paid $2.25 today for E. $3.10 is what I paid for 93 here in SATX lol
If I could run E85 and make like stock HP I would. According to Jason the fuel pumps can't keep up. I'm curious though since it seems to be safe to lean out E85 a lot more than gas.

Erick_V

If I could run E85 and make like stock HP I would. According to Jason the fuel pumps can't keep up. I'm curious though since it seems to be safe to lean out E85 a lot more than gas.
Had the same thoughts, I get consistent enough E85 to make it work. We'd likely have to do HPFP and injectors at the minimum

Beegee

I misCalculated a couple weeks ago and ended up with 40% estimated. Didn't notice an real difference. Still hit max boost with proper advanced timing correction. Put in a gallon of 93 to level out after i burned through some. The mpg on E is definitely noticeable lol