Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ABS, Brake, traction dash light light up. - Engine Revs up on it's own.

So this is now the third time in the last few weeks where this has happened. I was finally able to get it on video.

It seems to happen mostly around 2.5-3.2k rpms. The dash will light up with the ABS light, brake light and the traction light.

The speedometer will also drop and dip as seen in the video below:

https://youtube.com/shorts/ERzmKf10NKk

This made me think it could be maybe the wheel speed sensors. Then something else happened that scared the shit out of me, I was changing gears and the car revved up to 5k on it's own, it did it a couple of times. I did end up getting a mini auto rev up later on after filling up for gas, on video below:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/R343sqThKcU

The engine revved up pretty quickly with my foot completely off the gas.

Now I don't really know what it could be. Throttle position sensor? Throttle Body?

Sometimes the stereo will cut off too during the same time the lights flash, so I though maybe low voltage, but the car never dipped below 14.15volts.

I'm stumped and don't even know where to start.

OP
Thread Starter #2
Update:

Drove the car a bit more, and finally got a code to appear:

p193f - is this the ABS speed sensor or the the VSS?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You will need a scantool that can read ABS* and look individually at the Wheel speed sensors. Have you done any work in or around that area there lately? look at all the Wheel Speed Sensors and wiring individually for corrosion or damage.

OP
Thread Starter #4
You will need a scantool that can read ABS* and look individually at the Wheel speed sensors. Have you done any work in or around that area there lately? look at all the Wheel Speed Sensors and wiring individually for corrosion or damage.
I haven't. Going to take a close look at them this weekend and clean them up, and see if the car acts up again.

The added rpm surge is what's really throwing me off now.

OP
Thread Starter #6
Do you have an oil catch can? If you do check all the connections to make sure they are secure and not leaking.

Twice I didn't make the connection to the intake manifold and it caused similar issues like you are experiencing.
The RPM surging?

The car did come with a boomba catch can, and I did notice yesterday that the bracket was broken and just dangling, I'm going to check the connection on them now. I know the bracket wasn't broken last time I checked it, maybe after the break it loosened the connection somewhere.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The RPM surging?

The car did come with a boomba catch can, and I did notice yesterday that the bracket was broken and just dangling, I'm going to check the connection on them now. I know the bracket wasn't broken last time I checked it, maybe after the break it loosened the connection somewhere.
Yep, a vacuum leak like that will definitely cause rpm surging.

The RPM surging?

Nobody talks about this but, Oil Catch cans can restrain the positive crankcase outlet flow, this will create the blow by vapors not to exit the crankcase in time and will start coking up you crankcase instead of you intake manifold, in addition the extra pressure that is built inside the engine by the flow restriction has the potential to blow inner block seals.

OP
Thread Starter #9
Final Update:

I ended up replacing the front ABS wheel sensors, and the issue continued on and off, recently the issue became almost a constant thing, really ruining the driving experience.

I went back over everything I have done to the car, and decided on replacing my lightweight, lithium-ion Anti-Gravity Battery, as I don't recall the issue happening before the install.

Yeah, issue fixed. Seems the car doesn't like the lithium-ion battery, which sucks, because the battery is awesome and light, and was super expensive.