Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ABS?

thebluefist

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
So my ABS and traction control like came on yesterday while driving. Hooked up the code reader, got C0031 (front left wheel sensor). Bought one and replaced, ABS and traction lights went away by themselves. But now at any low speed braking it seems like maybe ABS is trying to engage and disengage? My speedo is way off, and sometimes going from 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th it will rev up on its own. Not to sure how all this occurred after replacing one wheel sensor, any thoughts?

Will more then likely take it in to a shop that uses FORscan

I'm not a professional by any means, just thinking how I would process this. The car revving up on its own sounds like a separate issue from the ABS.
My first thought would be either a faulty sensor or the trigger ring is bent and/or damaged in some way. I would probably clean and inspect the area. Working on that area may have got some debris in unwanted areas.
if still not resolved, I would probably hook up my OBD link and check throttle position values, check for vacuum leaks or anything that looks off. Because the car revving up on its own sounds separate from the ABS system