Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AC killing car when idling, tire pressure sensor malfunction

So this just started haven't seen other threads about it and wondering if there is a correlation between both issues.

So a few weeks ago the ac stopped blowing cold air when I turned it on. Then this week if I was just sitting at idle if I turned on the ac it would stall the car. Don't know if it's a revving up issue that presented itself a few weeks ago too. Then suddenly this week I got a TPMS malfunction, which is different from the low pressure warning. Had them all checked out and patched the one tire that would leak air. But that didn't fix it. Guy at the shop checked all tire sensors and said they were all good.

So I also replaced the battery today thinking it was what was giving me the hard starting issue if I left the car untouched over night but wasn't.

So I'm wondering if all those issues are related to the same problem. Anybody else experience these same symptoms or close to it. Car has 110k miles, never had issues before and bought it brand new 4.5 years ago.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
It's very possible your AC compressor is seized. It happens after a while. This would cause the belt that drives the compressor in most cars to snap but if your belt is on tight enough, may actually just stop the belt from moving. Have the compressor checked or check yourself to verify its pulley is moving freely. I've had 2 cars AC compressor go out, a Honda Civic and a Honda prelude. Both times it snapped the belt and left me stranded because it cuts power to the accessories.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also, both instances involved a both car with about 120k miles on them with the original compressor. I'm not sure when they shit out but in my experience both happened at around the same mileage.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
If the compressor was seized, that would prevent the belt from moving. In this case it still spins, how do I go about checking the compressor?

OP
P
Thread Starter #12
Haven't gotten a chance to check it out. As it's been really hot lately, but then the car is finally experiencing issues with getting a little warmer than I'm comfortable with.