Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EU ST180 - fuse box - killing the fuel pump?

Whilst I wait to get my alarm system installed, I want to make the car more difficult to take (aside from the disklok and removal of the OBD port) - removing the fuel pump fuse(s) seems like a sensible precaution.

From http://www.autogenius.info/en/ford-fiesta-mk7-fuse-box-diagram/ , passenger compartment fuse 14's apparently a double 7 A and 5 A for the fuel pump - but also engine compartment fuse 34 is a 20 A "fuel pump relay", along with relay R11.

I presume it's sufficient to just pull out the passenger compartment relay to completely the fuel pump, there's no auxiliary relay anywhere? The autogenius page says "Powertrain control module, transmission selector lever, fuel pump" for Fuse 14. It won't disrupt or harm the immobiliser or ECU will it?

Has anyone fitted a fuel pump cutoff switch to their ST, and if so, did you happen upon a neat method?

(I've not actually eyeballed my fusebox yet, this was an afterthought after getting to work!)

OP
S
Thread Starter #2
Update - was advised against getting a Clifford by MANY installers for various reasons. Ended up getting the Cobra 4615P + tilt/motion sensor which I'm happy with.

The fuse which handles the fuel pump also handles part of the powertrain. Remove fuse 14 and the car will absolutely refuse to start (and throw a load of errors on screen!). Turning off the ignition, refitting the fuse and starting the car worked perfectly, no permanent negative effects or DTC errors.

See this page for fusebox diagram, it's the "Powertrain control module, transmission selector lever, fuel pump" fuse.