Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Access port arriving today!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O so ive never done one of these before how do i get it put on? other info to give first time tuner welcome;);) thanks :love:

slopoke

Just make sure that your battery in your car is fully charged. You don't want a power disruption while flashing the ECU. I typically put on a battery charger while flashing, yeah I'm kinda anal, but it's eliminating a possible "Oh Shit" moment. Also make up back up copies of your maps on whatever your choice of media is. I downloaded them onto my computer and then transferred them onto a usb stick.

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #4
It will come with instructions. Plug it in with the engine and accessories off, power on. Follow the prompts.
Alright will do. Also I have the one step colder plugs but they won’t be here till tomorrow should I wait till I have them installed before running the tune?

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #5
Just make sure that your battery in your car is fully charged. You don't want a power disruption while flashing the ECU. I typically put on a battery charger while flashing, yeah I'm kinda anal, but it's eliminating a possible "Oh Shit" moment. Also make up back up copies of your maps on whatever your choice of media is. I downloaded them onto my computer and then transferred them onto a usb stick.
Okay I don’t have a charger I’m pretty sure my battery is good how long does it take? And which maps do I save the stock ones or tuned ones?

slopoke

Okay I don’t have a charger I’m pretty sure my battery is good how long does it take? And which maps do I save the stock ones or tuned ones?

IIRC, it doesn't take long, just wait til the Accessport tells you that it's finished. If you get remote tunes, they will be sent in an e-mail to you, so saving those are simple. The OTS (Off The Shelf) canned tunes are available online, so backing up those aren't necessary.The one you absolutely need to make back up copies of are your stock tune. Just in case of the worse case scenario. Flash went wrong and the files in the Accessport are corrupt. That's a highly unlikely scenario, but if in the event it happened, you are covered. Me, I'm just very anal in that respect. Like the motto goes, "Better to be safe, than sorry". Have fun with your Fiesta!!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
The step colder plugs aren’t required for a stage 1 OTS tune. If you’re going for a stage 2 or e30 tune, you probably want the plugs installed. If you get a non-OTS tune from someone like Dizzy, Stratified, JST, they’ll recommend what plugs to run.

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #9
yes its from Dizzy he recommends 1 step colder. i wanted new plugs anyway seeing as i just got the car so right now if im doing work in any area of the car or if anything is questionable than im just ordering new stuff

dhminer

2000 Post Club
yes its from Dizzy he recommends 1 step colder. i wanted new plugs anyway seeing as i just got the car so right now if im doing work in any area of the car or if anything is questionable than im just ordering new stuff
Perfect. Once you get an intercooler, Dizzy’s e30 tune is awesome.

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #11
i want the e30 tune but honestly how much of a pain is it to have to mix your fuel everytime you need gas?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
i want the e30 tune but honestly how much of a pain is it to have to mix your fuel every time you need gas?
Depends where you live. Hard to find it around here, so I don't bother.

slopoke

i want the e30 tune but honestly how much of a pain is it to have to mix your fuel everytime you need gas?

The first link below is to the fueling stations in your area that has E-85. The second link is to an Ethanol to gasoline mix calculator. When I had my Fiesta, I ran a ethanol gauge. That way, I could see what percentage I was actually running real time. I was lucky, that my ethanol stations were all averaging 85, so no changes to my mix ratio was needed.

https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethan...t?fuel=E85&location=greenville south carolina

http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #14
well i def wouldnt have an issue finding fuel what other mods do you need to run? i see dizzy has the gauge you can buy now and i think the tune is 75 is that all you need?

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #15
access port is installed btw i ran the cobb tune then got my dizzy tune. car definitely boogies now. more than enough power to scoot around in and possibly embarrass some potential opponents lol

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #16
idk why but for some reason i almost feel like the cobb tune pulled harder idk im going to run dizzy for a minute then switch back and see

Dizzy E30 tune here. Mixing is a breeze. The tune is very forgiving. I just put in 5 gal of E85 and fill up the rest 93 when 10miles to empty. Works every time summer or winter blend. OAR is always consistent and never any knock or timing pull. After running the E tune I can never go back to just 93.

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #18
Dizzy E30 tune here. Mixing is a breeze. The tune is very forgiving. I just put in 5 gal of E85 and fill up the rest 93 when 10miles to empty. Works every time summer or winter blend. OAR is always consistent and never any knock or timing pull. After running the E tune I can never go back to just 93.
definitely going to give it a try at some point i mean with all the power that it adds why not...and if you get tired of mixing fuel you can always just switch back right?

Yes easy to just switch to 93 tune. But mixing is a no brainer for me. Been doing it for 10 years on various platforms. Multiple Royal Farm stations have E85 here. So never a reason not to mix unless I go out of state.

OP
shabbyman
Thread Starter #20
Well I’m currently in kind of a situation I just got my dizzy stage 1 tune and drove 100 miles then without doing my data logs I switched tunes so now I have to go back and do it again and then record my data logs for revision I hope everything is okay will it be okay to drive the car hard now or should I wait for revisions