Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Access port Q: Are these all maps i can use?

Mikey456

Just do the Cobb S1 now and enjoy the car as it is. After you get more modded-up, it becomes more worth it to pay money for a more optimized tune.

Things you'll probably want as you go from stock to a Strat or Dizzy tune:
- Symposer delete (because it can leak at high boost levels)
- Intercooler.
- Intake, or a better flowing air filter.
- Different DV, either something like a DV+, or a Turbosmart EM VR2 stock-fitment DV. The DV+ requires modifying your stock DV so there's no going back, the Turbosmart is a direct swap for the stock DV. Both options help the car hold boost better between shifts, and rolling on the throttle you notice immediately that boost ramps on quicker. Also, with an intake, both make neat sounds :p
That’s good info. I’m still running a stock tune with the torque limited 1st and second gears. Is removing the torque limited stock tune and going to Cobb S1 going to make it much more difficult to control wheel spin? Or is it super controllable with gentle throttle modulation? I only have that Matt Farrah video doing a burnout as a reference. Also I would like to tune and not use the monitors. Cobb S1 is as safe as you could go, right? (besides stock)

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
That’s good info. I’m still running a stock tune with the torque limited 1st and second gears. Is removing the torque limited stock tune and going to Cobb S1 going to make it much more difficult to control wheel spin? Or is it super controllable with gentle throttle modulation? I only have that Matt Farrah video doing a burnout as a reference. Also I would like to tune and not use the monitors. Cobb S1 is as safe as you could go, right? (besides stock)
I would say yeah, and traction still isn't even that much of an issue (unless you specifically launch obvs), even with sport ESC. The AP has a special traction control on it, which is a lot better than Ford's.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #43
I would say yeah, and traction still isn't even that much of an issue (unless you specifically launch obvs), even with sport ESC. The AP has a special traction control on it, which is a lot better than Ford's.
Yea i've been testing this a lot lately on my e30 tune. With the stock TCS on, i breaking loose in 2nd for a good full second or two before it smoothly brings it down and gains traction, i'd rather pull my foot out rather than rely on that. Still trying to see how effective the COBB one is, in the end i may end up just doing it all manual and using a steady foot.