Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Access port Q: Are these all maps i can use?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Im assuming these COBB tunes don't do as much with timing as the others like Stratified, which is why they tend to make much more power? I saw a dizzy e30 graph on their site that shows just over 300tq and 230whp if i remember, that's pretty good.
Cobb probably does change timing, but all their tunes are very conservative so probably not by might. E30 itself is probably the biggest increase in power besides the big turbo. I plan on getting it when I get my FMIC.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Im assuming these COBB tunes don't do as much with timing as the others like Stratified, which is why they tend to make much more power? I saw a dizzy e30 graph on their site that shows just over 300tq and 230whp if i remember, that's pretty good.
Cobb's overarching intent with their canned tunes is safety first, so they do tend to be a little more conservative.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Well i definitely will get one but just can't right now. Im just wondering if it's low risk during the colder months. If it's no bueno at all i can always hold off using the tune till i get the FMIC. Or again i could just get the non-FMIC e30 tune now and when i get the IC get another including that bolt on.
Just do the Cobb S1 now and enjoy the car as it is. After you get more modded-up, it becomes more worth it to pay money for a more optimized tune.

Things you'll probably want as you go from stock to a Strat or Dizzy tune:
- Symposer delete (because it can leak at high boost levels)
- Intercooler.
- Intake, or a better flowing air filter.
- Different DV, either something like a DV+, or a Turbosmart EM VR2 stock-fitment DV. The DV+ requires modifying your stock DV so there's no going back, the Turbosmart is a direct swap for the stock DV. Both options help the car hold boost better between shifts, and rolling on the throttle you notice immediately that boost ramps on quicker. Also, with an intake, both make neat sounds :p

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #24
Cobb probably does change timing, but all their tunes are very conservative so probably not by might. E30 itself is probably the biggest increase in power besides the big turbo. I plan on getting it when I get my FMIC.
Yep i keep hearing that, e30 tuning is loved by a lot of people. When i first heard of it i didn't want to deal with gas mixing and such, i just wanted something simpler but im glad i changed my mind. When i first started posting here and thinking about mods i had a number 300 in my head, of course that was bhp. If the Dizzy tune of 330 peak WHP ever finds my car, that's probly approaching that 300 mark for bhp.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #25
Just do the Cobb S1 now and enjoy the car as it is. After you get more modded-up, it becomes more worth it to pay money for a more optimized tune.

- Intercooler.
- Different DV, either something like a DV+, or a Turbosmart EM VR2 stock-fitment DV. The DV+ requires modifying your stock DV so there's no going back, the Turbosmart is a direct swap for the stock DV. Both options help the car hold boost better between shifts, and rolling on the throttle you notice immediately that boost ramps on quicker. Also, with an intake, both make neat sounds :p
I will take note of these ! I do already have a K&N intake and it definitely lets you hear that turbo, whoosh and whistle. I think i saw a symposer delete when i was looking over Mountune bolt ons, isn't it fairly cheap? Ok yea i just checked that was the item, $39 from Mountune. Not that i can necessarily install it lol but at least that's not super spendy.

DV i will look into, and i already got the wife on board with the FMIC later this year, early next year at the latest.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club

- Intercooler.
Sorry I'm big dumb. What is a DV?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I will take note of these ! I do already have a K&N intake and it definitely lets you hear that turbo, whoosh and whistle. I think i saw a symposer delete when i was looking over Mountune bolt ons, isn't it fairly cheap? Ok yea i just checked that was the item, $39 from Mountune. Not that i can necessarily install it lol but at least that's not super spendy.

DV i will look into, and i already got the wife on board with the FMIC later this year, early next year at the latest.
Whoosh is a lot cheaper at $20. Everything Mountune is very high quality but can be a bit on the pricey side, even when considering the quality.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #29
Whoosh is a lot cheaper at $20. Everything Mountune is very high quality but can be a bit on the pricey side, even when considering the quality.
Yea i think im going with Whoosh for my FMIC when i get one, i like their prices. Do you know if the symp delete is easy to install for a noob or if it's a lot in labor for a shop to do?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yea i think im going with Whoosh for my FMIC when i get one, i like their prices. Do you know if the symp delete is easy to install for a noob or if it's a lot in labor for a shop to do?
The process itself is pretty easy, but the spaces are a little cramped. If you do both, the FMIC and Symp. delete, it['ll be smart since they're both in the same area.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Go whoosh for anything new.... 5% discount and if military, 8% (contact him to provide proof)
Cobb gives 15% military, so that AP is much cheaper.....

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #33
Go whoosh for anything new.... 5% discount and if military, 8% (contact him to provide proof)
Cobb gives 15% military, so that AP is much cheaper.....
Thanks for the info, i already got my AP for $400, it was only used for a week according to the guy and indeed it looks it, even the blue cover is still in plastic. Whoosh sounds like a good deal for anything else i get.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the info, i already got my AP for $400, it was only used for a week according to the guy and indeed it looks it, even the blue cover is still in plastic. Whoosh sounds like a good deal for anything else i get.
My AP was also used and included OTS tunes from COBB, Dizzy and Strat for identically configured cars (air filter, intake & crossover pipe, j pipe, IC, exhaust, 2015 evap harness). The only thing I have had to buy new was the crossover, J pipe and RMM. All installed by your's truly.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
My AP was also used and included OTS tunes from COBB, Dizzy and Strat for identically configured cars (air filter, intake & crossover pipe, j pipe, IC, exhaust, 2015 evap harness). The only thing I have had to buy new was the crossover, J pipe and RMM.
Iā€™m digging my whoosh cerakoted crossover, stays nice and cool

Dpro

6000 Post Club
To be honest you can hit 300 ft lbs of torque on the stock turbo with a tune and you can max out around 230 hp with e30. You will never hit 300 whp with the stock turbo itā€™s just not big enough. I pulled 198 whp on my ap yesterday afternoon in 90+ degree temps along with 233 ft lbs of TQ . last night when it was cooler I managed to pull 260ft lbs of TQ this was on 91 octane gas.
My bolt ons are listed below in my sig.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #37
To be honest you can hit 300 ft lbs of torque on the stock turbo with a tune and you can max out around 230 hp with e30. You will never hit 300 whp with the stock turbo itā€™s just not big enough. I pulled 198 whp on my ap yesterday afternoon in 90+ degree temps along with 233 ft lbs of TQ . last night when it was cooler I managed to pull 260ft lbs of TQ this was on 91 octane gas.
My bolt ons are listed below in my sig.
If i remember the Dizzy website showed a 232whp dyno run with e30 and something just over 300tq. A couple days ago i was trying out a stage 2 free cobb tune on my AP and, however accurate, i got tq up to 270 in around 80 degree heat. I absolutely believe e30 will push some real numbers.

To be honest, my original hope of 300hp if anybody remembers that thread i mentioned it, i didn't really understand the difference between brake and wheel hp. Doing rough math, a whp bump from 175 or so stock up to 230 on e30, comes to something like 270 bhp, not far off from my 300 idea. Not whp but it's still probably gonna blow my socks off.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Not going to happen. The turbo simply cannot support the RPM range necessary for horsepower.
270 would be a 35% increase over stock not possible.
That's X37 turbo power increase level.
In certain regions of the country that's X-47 turbo power level.
Worst case scenario you lose 10% of the power through the drivetrain.
Maybe with every bolt on a perfect E30 tune with perfect weather you could make 250 at the engine. 230 at the wheels.
Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Most of us wish Ford put a bigger turbo on the car to give us more headroom like Volkswagen for example. The fact is Ford perfectly sized the turbo for a certain power level. It's easy to increase the torque. The turbo is just not big enough for the upper RPM range which is where your horsepower is made.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Most of us wish Ford put a bigger turbo on the car to give us more headroom like Volkswagen for example. The fact is Ford perfectly sized the turbo for a certain power level. It's easy to increase the torque. The turbo is just not big enough for the upper RPM range which is where your horsepower is made.

Exactly, which is why you can see crazy TQ increases with tunes but the HP is just in the shitter so to speak.
This is why I am going to a larger Turbo down the road. I do want close to 300 whp as I have owned cars in this weight with those numbers. I want sport bike fast. Lol:ROFLMAO: