Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Active Shift Designs Accelerator Pedal Lift Spacer - Soon!

Sorry if this has been posted already, but this should be an awesome addition! Heel toe shifting for me is less then ideal. This should make it much nicer =) Anybody know when this will officially be available?

http://www.modbargains.com/asd-accelerator-pedal-lift-spacer-ford-fiesta-st.htm

The Ford Fiesta ST are great performance hot hatches that are incredibly rewarding to drive. Unfortunately, the Ford Fiesta ST suffers from an ergonomic problem that causes us to drive in awkward positions and makes proper heel-toe techniques difficult. The accelerator pedal sits approximately 1.5in deeper than your brake and clutch pedals, causing your leg and ankle to make some uncomfortable moves as your foot moves from gas pedal to brake. While you may not have noticed the problem in the past - try driving another manual transmission car and the problem becomes obvious. This means that road trips can leave your ankles feeling sore and overextended, and driving is much less comfortable than it could be.

Active Shift Designs has developed this simple fix for the problem - an Accelerator Lift Spacer, which brings the Gas, Clutch and Brake pedals all even with each other, allowing for proper heel toe and a much more comfortable driving position, even allowing you to sit further back in the seat, meaning shifting feels more natural, too.
Other accelerator pedal spacers on the market are made of expensive billet and only extend the pedal out a little bit, far short of where it should be, because those kits are limited by the length of the studs the accelerator pedal assembly mounts onto. Precision 3d printed in high-strength ABS Plastic, this spacer provides an even and level mounting surface for your accelerator pedal to mount against, and features coupler nuts precisely the right length that thread onto the OEM accelerator pedal mounting studs and includes new hardware to safely and securely mount your accelerator pedal module. Available in Red, Blue, White or Black to match your ST, and each spacer features an embossed "ST" logo.

If it was available for pickup I would get it. It looks 3d printed. The other one available, no one has reported it fit correct

cxwrench

I'm not really sure I see the need for this myself. I don't generally heel/toe around town. The pedals seem nicely placed when you're actually driving hard and using the brakes as you would on track or autocross. I guess if you want to be able to comfortably heel/toe on the off-ramp, by all means get the spacer. I'd have to try it to know for sure, but it seems to me it would make the accelerator pedal too high when really braking hard.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Even under threshold braking at the track, this is possibly the worst heel-toe car I've ever driven. Ever.

Even under threshold braking at the track, this is possibly the worst heel-toe car I've ever driven. Ever.
True. I've been racing since I was 14 and I was very disappointed with this car's pedal positions.

Ordered my spacer from ModBargains today.

OP
MMMTRBO
Thread Starter #6
True. I've been racing since I was 14 and I was very disappointed with this car's pedal positions.

Ordered my spacer from ModBargains today.
Agreed. It becomes especially apparent when you get back into a car that has good pedal position. Let us know how you like the piece aball.

It is definitely 3d printed. I may try to print one of these this weekend after get my repair done on my makerbot, since there is only probably $3 worth of plastic there depending on the infill percentage used.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
The pedal is only two bolts. You could easily do it within 5-10 minutes in your driveway.

I took it off and on about 10x while trying to get Garagelines POS non-fitting pedal spacer to work.

I like this piece. I heel/toe drive. I didn't think about it until I saw this piece and then paid attention while I was driving. I hit the side of the brake pedal with the side of my foot constantly. Mind you, I am a taller person, at a hair under 6'5", with a 36" inseam. I don't pick my foot up much to move it over because my knee hits the steering wheel. I didn't have this issue with the last three Rangers I owned, but the Fiesta does have this design flaw that's exposed with long legged people.