Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Acura Integra Returning in 2022

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Another torquey mid range snooze fest :(

Bring back something that makes you *work* for the power. With every new car making roughly the same power in the same powerband, they all feel the same and there's practically no point to rowing your own gears anymore.

I'm getting old, but I dislike feeling like I am not an essential part of a car getting from point A to point B. Same reason I haven't purchased a tesla - no matter how well I drive, the car would ultimately be faster without me in it.
At 62 I've lived thru all the different car eras from muscle cars on. As I've posted before, my first car was a 1970 Nova SS bought in 1976. Modding or finding parts was an adventure, Hours reading Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hotrodding and others. No internet, no forums and Summit Racing was a small company with not mail out catalog. Now you get no mud on your shoes, modding options are a click away and parts are carried by 20+ different vender from all over the world. Times change and so do cars. I agree with your sentiment.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
At 62 I've lived thru all the different car eras from muscle cars on. As I've posted before, my first car was a 1970 Nova SS bought in 1976. Modding or finding parts was an adventure, Hours reading Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hotrodding and others. No internet, no forums and Summit Racing was a small company with not mail out catalog. Now you get no mud on your shoes, modding options are a click away and parts are carried by 20+ different vender from all over the world. Times change and so do cars. I agree with your sentiment.
I miss the character different between a big 4bbl to 3x2bbl, etc. Make your own headers, tune your own sound, etc. Everything felt so different. I don't hate my FiST but far and away the car I miss the most is probably my Fiat 500 Abarth. It wasn't really fast, maybe a teensy bit quicker than the Fist, but the amount of character was absurd.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
I miss the character different between a big 4bbl to 3x2bbl, etc. Make your own headers, tune your own sound, etc. Everything felt so different. I don't hate my FiST but far and away the car I miss the most is probably my Fiat 500 Abarth. It wasn't really fast, maybe a teensy bit quicker than the Fist, but the amount of character was absurd.
Well now we have bigger injectors to install, bigger turbos and a butt load of other parts. I have enjoyed researching the ST and it's direct injection 1.6. Getting 400hp out of any four banger back in the day was unheard of. Indy and F1 was not even doing it. Is it as fun as figuring out how to improve a Quadra Jet, I don't know. I think it is a different kind of fun. I still enjoy it though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well now we have bigger injectors to install, bigger turbos and a butt load of other parts. I have enjoyed researching the ST and it's direct injection 1.6. Getting 400hp out of any four banger back in the day was unheard of. Indy and F1 was not even doing it. Is it as fun as figuring out how to improve a Quadra Jet, I don't know. I think it is a different kind of fun. I still enjoy it though.
Actually, Indy teams running them were getting more than 400 out of the TURBO Offenhauser-Drake 4 pots, even the under 3 liter ones, and F1 was definitely getting up to 1000 ponies out of the 1.5 turbo 4 bangers of that small displacement F1 era (but YES, with hyper-exotic fuels, and insane boost levels, and only for short term qualifying). [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yup BIG change for me as well, being my first turbo car, and first boosted FWD car, especially coming from the 4th gen f body, LS1 world.

ronmcdon

Yup BIG change for me as well, being my first turbo car, and first boosted FWD car, especially coming from the 4th gen f body, LS1 world.
you gotta give the 6th gen a test drive sometime. the steering and overall response are really exceptional. that it isn’t commercially successful only translates to more discounts and a stronger value.

thiink the ss 1le would be the sweet spot but maybe the zl1 will get discounted heavily at some point. they were going as low as 55k new back in 19.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
you gotta give the 6th gen a test drive sometime. the steering and overall response are really exceptional. that it isn’t commercially successful only translates to more discounts and a stronger value.

I think the SS 1le would be the sweet spot but maybe the zl1 will get discounted heavily at some point. they were going as low as 55k new back in 19.
They are definitely exceptional, despite the weight, but they are still way way out of my price range, no matter how much they drop in price. [:(]

The GM suspension/chassis/dynamics engineers really earned their keep on those cars. [twothumb]

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Actually, Indy teams running them were getting more than 400 out of the TURBO Offenhauser-Drake 4 pots, even the under 3 liter ones, and F1 was definitely getting up to 1000 ponies out of the 1.5 turbo 4 bangers of that small displacement F1 era (but YES, with hyper-exotic fuels, and insane boost levels, and only for short term qualifying). [wink]
Were they getting that much in late 70's?

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30

thiink the ss 1le would be the sweet spot but maybe the zl1 will get discounted heavily at some point. they were going as low as 55k new back in 19.
Right before COVID and the chip shortage caused the car market to break, you could get a new ss 1le for $39k with these crazy discounts GM was doing. Hell of a steal.

ronmcdon

39k is great thats like pricing in the late 00s

As entertaining the zl1 is, I think few of us would need more than than the ss 1le and be able to surpass its limits. recall it had more or less the same laptimes as 5th gen z28. turbo 4 1le was always a bit underrated too.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
39k is great thats like pricing in the late 00s

As entertaining the zl1 is, I think few of us would need more than than the ss 1le and be able to surpass its limits. recall it had more or less the same laptimes as 5th gen z28. turbo 4 1le was always a bit underrated too.
I'm not sure I follow your point? Pricing in the 00s?