Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intel on Acura GSR please....

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey guys,

Looking at a 1999 Integra GSR for my next project. Has 150k on swapped motor. Has Type R LSD swapped in too and a few other mods. Car is solid, a friend owns it and I've observed it for years. Not perfect but in 7/10 shape overall. Leather. $2800. Thinking of my usual - buy, repair, enjoy, clean, drive, etc. and then sell in a year or so.

Any info would be helpful thanks.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Good deal. Why a swapped motor? Swapped with what? Short of the b18c5 from the type r, the gsr was the engine to have. Odd that the type r LSD went in without upgraded transmission or gears. What other mods? That price is a no brainer. Buy it and enjoy driving one of the top 5 best having fwd cars of all time.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Hey guys,

Looking at a 1999 Integra GSR for my next project. Has 150k on swapped motor. Has Type R LSD swapped in too and a few other mods. Car is solid, a friend owns it and I've observed it for years. Not perfect but in 7/10 shape overall. Leather. $2800. Thinking of my usual - buy, repair, enjoy, clean, drive, etc. and then sell in a year or so.

Any info would be helpful thanks.
I had a 96 Integra GS-R that I bought new and kept for 12 years. It was a great car, free revving in the Honda VTEC style, really nice handling, and dead reliable. It didn't have much torque down low so you had to run it hard to get my speed out of it, but it was definitely up for it.
The only things I replaced besides normal maintenance were a rusted out exhaust system and a leaky radiator. When I sold the car it ran like new, I just decided that it was so reliable I was not going to wear it out in my lifetime, and I was ready to try something else.

I had a 96 Integra GS-R that I bought new and kept for 12 years. It was a great car, free revving in the Honda VTEC style, really nice handling, and dead reliable. It didn't have much torque down low so you had to run it hard to get my speed out of it, but it was definitely up for it.
The only things I replaced besides normal maintenance were a rusted out exhaust system and a leaky radiator. When I sold the car it ran like new, I just decided that it was so reliable I was not going to wear it out in my lifetime, and I was ready to try something else.
Agreed with Capri to ST. I had a '95 and '96 GSR. Both cars were excellent. I only traded due to someone hitting me and decided I preferred a new one.

Extremely reliable. Drove great. Kept the '96 for 7 or 8 years and around 120k miles.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Good price. I think for clean examples of GSRs, market is only going to go up a little bit. People miss the high revving honda era, and the GSR motor was one of the better ones.

I had a GSR swapped 93 civic coupe at one point and it was an absolute blast to drive. The motor had something ridiculous like 250k miles and the only issue was that it needed valve seals and a new valve cover gasket near the time I sold it. Nothing too unusual.

I enjoyed racing integras for years. reminds me a lot of the fiesta in size and how well you can throw it around. no torque and all the power up top, but a much better rear axle.

so if you like the sound of that then you'll love a good integra.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Thanks. It's a 1.8, stock GSR motor but Type R tranny with LSD. Not sure why engine was swapped, I don't know the history of the car but I've known the owner for 5+ years and see him weekly and I trust the car. I mean heck for $2800 any car with working A/C is a good buy these days. Much more so a rare old school Honda.

Had a Prelude for 1.5 years which I sold recently. I liked that car alot but it was a boat and honestly too fancy/big. The high revving engine was great but it was a 2.2, I prefer the smaller ones like in the GSR. Wanted to get back into another 90s Honda and these cars are pretty great. Just need to work out a few issues before I get it...mainly waiting on my son to ship out (USAF) so his car is gone and there's room in the driveway.

Thanks again...any more 411 is welcome!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
That tranny is worth 1/2 that price, easy. You'd be crazy not to buy it especially given your project history. Do it and keep us posted!

Good deal. Why a swapped motor? Swapped with what? Short of the b18c5 from the type r, the gsr was the engine to have. Odd that the type r LSD went in without upgraded transmission or gears. What other mods? That price is a no brainer. Buy it and enjoy driving one of the top 5 best having fwd cars of all time.
Top 5, sure, but I personally believe the FiST is better than a teggy. I think the only FWD that outright beats the FiST would be a CTR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id say that price is very fair for a Integra. I had a 2000 for a bit of time and i absloutley had a blast with it. had about same mileage when it was unfortunately ran into and totaled. I had no major issues with mine aisde from the clutch position switch breaking (very flimsy piece of plastic) that was easily repaired with some gorilla glue and a penny. Getting into Hondas was deffinetly a bit of a car bucket list item i really wanted to cross off and im glad i did, i certainly learning alot in my short time tinkering with that car... I guess Im still kind of a Honda guy with my most recent purchase of a 2021 Odyssey hahaha