Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Adhesive for dash

Hey hey, I need a way to mount the AP to the dash like in the photo. In the pic, I used hot glue but it eventually fell off. If I mounted it to the plastic just to the right, it would work fine but then the AP blocks the climate controls. The problem is possibly the soft part of the dash. I tried industrial strength Velcro to no luck. I really don’t want to use screws and puncture the dash. Any ideas?

Attachments

slopoke

You could try some double sided tape. I would shy away from the permanent variety, I read that people had to resort to acetone to remove the residue and that could damage the plastic surface. I know that some foam backed double sided tapes are quite sticky. Before you apply the tape, use alcohol to clean both surfaces. That will help with better adhesion.

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #3
You could try some double sided tape. I would shy away from the permanent variety, I read that people had to resort to acetone to remove the residue and that could damage the plastic surface. I know that some foam backed double sided tapes are quite sticky. Before you apply the tape, use alcohol to clean both surfaces. That will help with better adhesion.
That’s good advice. Thank you! I’ll also have to heat the surface up to room temperature since it’s so cold out.

Or get a mount bracket that clips on the A-pillar or dash. No mess, no fuss with any glue or tape that will eventually fall off in the summer heat.

ProClip sells a nice sturdy quality A-pillar or dash clip on mount for half the price of Cobbs. Just attach the AP3 holder bracket to the base plate and clip it on.

https://www.proclipusa.com/collections/dashboard-mounts-ford-fiesta-2019

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #5
Or get a mount bracket that clips on the A-pillar or dash. No mess, no fuss with any glue or tape that will eventually fall off in the summer heat.

ProClip sells a nice sturdy quality A-pillar or dash clip on mount for half the price of Cobbs. Just attach the AP3 holder bracket to the base plate and clip it on.

https://www.proclipusa.com/collections/dashboard-mounts-ford-fiesta-2019
That’s actually what I’m replacing. If I mount the boost gauge in the vent it is covered by the cable from the AP if using the pillar mount.

I'm using the angled dash mount version which doesn't interfere with any of the center dash buttons or vents.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hey hey, I need a way to mount the AP to the dash like in the photo. In the pic, I used hot glue but it eventually fell off. If I mounted it to the plastic just to the right, it would work fine but then the AP blocks the climate controls. The problem is possibly the soft part of the dash. I tried industrial strength Velcro to no luck. I really don’t want to use screws and puncture the dash. Any ideas?
i have mine mounted there, i cheated and used a pop-socket and one of the pop socket adhesive mounts. I used to use a magnetic vent phone mount since the back of the cobb is magnetic

I only got rid of the magnetic vent mount because it kept falling off so one day I just threw it out the window and it stuck to a road sign and i see it every once in a while still lol