Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dash Separated on Driver's Side. Fix?

My dash has completely separated horizontally on the driver's side. Has anyone here ever encountered this and/or fixed it?

download.png

Whoever owned this car before me must've just let it sit in the south-facing sun baking for years. Much of the black plastic is fading and a lot of the rubber seals are chipping away like a chocolate bar on the front of the car.

Anyway, the dash looks to be made of two different materials. The more fore part of the dash closest to the windshield is a harder plastic, whereas the more aft part of the dash (where the instrument panel cowling is) is made of a more supple more faux leathery feeling material. I suspect the sun dried and shrunk the latter softer material and pulled it away from the harder plastic which wasn't affected by the sun. I tried using interior trim tools to get it to sit back underneath, but I think it has either pulled back too far or something underneath tore away.

Is this common? Easy fix? Expensive fix?