Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Door alert/ajar warning on dash

Hi all,

Had a new door put on this summer after someone backed into the car. I've not had any issues until recently, when the door alert/ajar logo keeps popping up on the dash. It's inconsistent, and the car doesn't make the "chime" noise as it does when the door is fully open. I'm guessing it's the (new) driver's door, though I can't confirm.

Thoughts/suggestions/ideas?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Could be the new door not closing correctly, but it's more common I think for it to be the hatchback latch plate needing adjustment and letting the hatch open slightly.

OP
tri-pedaler
Thread Starter #3
Could be the new door not closing correctly, but it's more common I think for it to be the hatchback latch plate needing adjustment and letting the hatch open slightly.
The issue has continued, and the reaer hatch doesn't appear to be slightly open when it occurs. The dash light goes on, the off, while driving. Normally it only is on for a few seconds, with a short "ding."

The latest twist is that my car alarm has been going off in the parking lot (but never in my garage, strangely). I replaced the fob battery, but the issue persists. Any thoughts?

OP
tri-pedaler
Thread Starter #15
Tried white lithium on a few different latches to no avail. The strange thing is that it only does it at my work parking lot - never once in the garage at home. I wonder if it's an issue with the fob and distance? Or if a sensor is reacting to outside conditions?