Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Advan RZ 16x8 & 225/45 w/ Wilwood BBK front & rear fitment

TLDR - Pain in the ass, you must really want this setup to do it

First of all I would like to thank Touge Factory for getting these imported for me, 2J racing for the brakes, Gun_Runner for some hub work.

I will try to post as much info as I can that might help somebody else, it took me a bunch of time & money. I took some mis-steps nobody else should. I ordered the wheels back in December (and already had the brakes in hand) and because of the port strikes they took 5 months to arrive and it was about 7 months total to get them all installed.

So the wheels are 4x100 (obviously an issue), and the hub bore is 63mm (stock is 63.4 obviously an issue), offset is +38 (almost an issue, right on the edge)

Hubs

So the main issue is obviously the stock hubs, I bought a set of 4 hubs from Gun_Runner re-drilled to 4x100. So if you are sticking the the stock brakes on the rear these will work for you but the rear brakes from wilwood are fitted for a non-ST Fiesta which have different hubs and they won't work. If you are not switching to 4x100 the regular fiesta hubs fit fine and bolt up to the rear brake kit. Unfortunately the non-ST hubs have extra holes in them which prevent them from being re-drilled to 4x100. Also I paid 2J racing a bit extra to have them re-drill my wilwood hats to 4x100 before they shipped.

IMG_1561.jpg

The solution here is rear hubs from a Mazda 2. They are exactly the same in dimension except they are already in 4x100 (however the hub bore is 54.1, more on that later). They are a dealer only item, $160 each but I found a pair at salvage from a 2014 with 21 miles on them for $140 shipped.
They bolt right up, you just have to remove the little pegs that hold the hub and dust shield in place when you are installing, I didn't re-drill and install the dust shield anyway. The rear hubs are just a un-bolt/bolt-up job but the front hubs are pressed in and suck to do, I ended up pulling the whole knuckle and had a shop pressed in new bearings and hubs.

IMG_1556.JPG IMG_1563.jpg

Now if I would have been thinking ahead I would have Gun_Runner turn them down for me, but I didn't so I ended up having a local machine shop turn down the front bore size from 63.4 to 63 to fit the wheel bore.

For the rears, I had some custom extra long hub centric rings made to go from 54.1 to 63mm. Now the rear hub has a lip that the rotor is supposed to sit on but the wilwoods bore are way to big so I had the rings made longer and machined in ID in the back to slip over the lip so they can sit behind the wilwood rotor registers. This picture shows the setup.

IMG_1558.jpg IMG_1559.jpg IMG_1560.jpg

Brakes
So now that the wheels will slip there is a bit of work to get the rear brakes to clear, front's fit with no issues. Which is ironic because I was so worried only about the front clearance (I even emailed the wilwood fitment specs to the wheel factory to verify clearances). First issue is there is I guess a parking brake cable kit to fit the fiesta (~$170), but you have to replace the entire cable (not fun). I spoke with Joe at 2J and they did not have any issues with the parking brake cable fitment so ... maybe you will or won't not sure, but I sure did. So the hole the cable goes through was not large enough to fit the stock cable so a little bit of Dremel work fixed that issue (some repaint optional), here is the before and after.

IMG_1580.jpg IMG_1587.jpg

The next issue was the bracket is not the right spacing to fully engage the parking brake, I tried to find a spacer to fit at the parts store but nothing that would work. For me I am lucky I have a 3d printer at home and just printed some out to my own specs (5/8 L, 5/8 ID, 6/8 OD) and installed those inline and then still had to adjust it some from the adjuster in the interior console.

IMG_1633.JPG

Now the parking brake works well but there is a part of the universal bracket that is not used that stuck up to far and was hitting my wheel that I just straight cut off to clear. The wilwood kit comes with some washers as spacers I had to take them out to get it to clear the wheel as well, luckily the pads were still well centered on the rotor.

IMG_1609.JPG IMG_1606.JPG

Here is the final brake fitment.

IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1623.JPG

The only thing left and this is because I am on BC coilovers but on full compression the front tires would rub on the inner fender tab so I had to trim that back a bit but no fender pulling required. And just for reference I was running the BC's on 6 clicks from full soft, and after moving to the 45's I moved to 15 clicks and the overall ride is nicer and firmer at the same time, you do feel a tiny bit more sidewall flex but not much at all. I am very happy how it all came out after all the work.

And here is the final result

DSC03322.JPG
DSC03323.JPG
DSC03324.JPG
DSC03325.JPG
DSC03326.JPG
DSC03327.JPG
DSC03328.JPG

Here is what it cost me (not counting stuff I bought that didn't work)
Wheels $1500
Tires $620
Brakes $2200? don't remember exactly
Front hubs $160
Rear hubs $140
Hub rings $75
Couple trips to machine shop $50
Probably some other smaller stuff, fluids and such.

Hope this helps someone.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I love my 15s. Wouldn't ever go back to 17s. Would consider 16s for wider choices and filling the wheel well more.
PCA still has a set of gold 15x8s... I'm seriously considering going with a Rodmoe type set up. DHM GTX kit first though.... Anyway, did I mention how nuts this brake/wheel set up is?

OP
W
Thread Starter #12
Damn that's a lot of bread. But the car looks great!
Yea not cheap, still debating on getting the center caps. $50 each and then $150 for bronze lugs (also probably some ARP studs), $400 dollars with shipping just to dress them up a bit more. I am still running stock studs and lugs for now.

I probably will get the caps and lugs, once you go so far you might as well go all the way, money hasn't stopped this build so far.